The Raven Cycle #3: Blue Lily, Lily Blue
The trick with found things, though, is how easily they can be lost.
Friends can betray.
Mothers can disappear.
Visions can mislead.
Certainties can unravel.
In a starred review, The Bulletin called The Dream Thieves, the previous book in The Raven Cycle, "a complex web of magical intrigue and heart-stopping action." Now, with Blue Lily, Lily Blue, the web becomes even more complex, snaring readers at every turn.
Out of ideas for the holidays?
- Hardback | 404 pages
- 144.78 x 220.98 x 35.56mm | 498.95g
- 01 Jan 2015
- Scholastic US
- New York, United States
Looking for beautiful books?
Other books in this series
01 Oct 2012
26 Apr 2016
01 Jan 2015
01 Oct 2013
01 Feb 2016
18 Sep 2012
18 Sep 2012
*"Blue Lily, Lily Blue is, simply, a triumph." --Booklist, starred review
*"Expect this truly one-of-a-kind series to come to a thundering close." --Kirkus Reviews, starred review
*"We have not yet finished loving these characters and exploring their world." --The Bulletin, starred review
*"Stiefvater's razor-sharp characterizations, drily witty dialogue, and knack for unexpected metaphors and turns of phrase make for sumptuous, thrilling reading.... Readers will snap up the final installment the second it's available." --Publishers Weekly, starred review
*"The prose is crisp and dazzling and the dialogue positively crackles." --School Library Journal, starred review
Praise for The Dream Thieves
* "Richly written and filled with figurative language . . . this story of secrets and dreams, of brothers and of all-too-real magic is an absolute marvel of imagination and an irresistible invitation to wonder." --Booklist, starred review
* "Mind-blowingly spectacular . . . Stiefvater's careful exploration of class and wealth and their limitations and opportunities astounds with its sensitivity and sophistication. The pace is electric, the prose marvelously sure-footed and strong, but it's the complicated characters . . . that meld magic and reality into an engrossing, believable whole." --Kirkus Reviews, starred review
* "A paranormal thriller . . . this installment [is] more tense and foreboding than its predecessor -- and every bit as gripping." --Publishers Weekly, starred review
* "A complex web of magical intrigue and heartstopping action." --The Bulletin, starred review
* "Readers who want a moody chill and appreciate an atmospheric turn of phrase will want to spend more time in Henrietta." --School Library Journal, starred review
Praise for The Raven Boys
"Stiefvater is a master storyteller." --USA Today
"A dizzying paranormal romance tinged with murder and Welsh mythology." --The Los Angeles Times
* "Simultaneously complex and simple, compulsively readable, marvelously wrought." --Kirkus Reviews, starred review
* "A tour de force . . . such a memorable read." --Publishers Weekly, starred review
* "One unexpected and wonderful surprise after another . . . a marvel of imagination." -- Booklist, starred review
* "The Raven Boys is an incredibly rich and unique tale, a supernatural thriller of a different flavor. . . . Fans have been salivating for Stiefvater's next release and The Raven Boys delivers." --School Library Journal, starred review
"Equal parts thriller and mystery, with a measured dash of romance sprinkled on top . . . Maggie has woven such a unique, intriguing narrative that I struggled for comparisons." -- MTV.com
A Publishers Weekly Best Book of the Year
The Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books 2012 Blue Ribbons list
About Maggie Stiefvater