Barclay Viewforth Church

Barclay Viewforth Church

List price: US$48.01

Currently unavailable

Add to wishlist

AbeBooks may have this title (opens in new window).

Try AbeBooks

Description

Please note that the content of this book primarily consists of articles available from Wikipedia or other free sources online. Barclay Viewforth Church is a parish church of the Church of Scotland in the Presbytery of Edinburgh. Located at the border between the Bruntsfield and Tollcross areas of the city at the junction of Barclay Place and Wright's Houses, it was built by Frederick Thomas Pilkington (1832-98) - starting in 1862 and completed in 1864 - from a bequest left by Mary Barclay for the building of a church for the Free Church of Scotland. The first minister of the congregation was Rev. James Hood Wilson, DD, the first service of public worship being held on December 23, 1864.show more

Product details

  • Paperback | 76 pages
  • 152 x 229 x 5mm | 122g
  • Fer Publishing
  • United States
  • English
  • 6136507803
  • 9786136507804