Baltimore and Ohio No. 2 Lord Baltimore
Please note that the content of this book primarily consists of articles available from Wikipedia or other free sources online. The Baltimore and Ohio Railroad's sole class V-2 4-6-4 steam locomotive, No. 2 Lord Baltimore, was constructed by the railroad's own shops in 1935. It was constructed to haul a new, lightweight train, the Royal Blue, between New York City and Washington, DC. Later on that year it was sent to the B&O-owned Chicago and Alton Railroad. It returned to the B&O in 1942 and after work in the B&O's shops it was renumbered to #5340 and assigned to service between Washington, DC and Cumberland, Maryland. Shortly afterward, it was withdrawn from service and stored at the railroad's shops in Baltimore, Maryland. In 1949, it was scrapped.
- Paperback | 176 pages
- 152 x 229 x 10mm | 268g
- 03 Sep 2011
- United States