Edited by 

List price: US$57.01

Currently unavailable

Add to wishlist

AbeBooks may have this title (opens in new window).

Try AbeBooks


Please note that the content of this book primarily consists of articles available from Wikipedia or other free sources online. Ballynacargy, or Ballinacarrigy is a small village in County Westmeath, Ireland on the Royal Canal and the R393 regional road. The last official commercial navigation of the canal took place in 1955. The village primarily owes its existence to the Royal Canal which opened in 1817. The origins of the village go back much further. The first recorded reference to it dates from 1537 after the dissolution of the nearby monastery at Tristernagh. Attached to the monastery was a leper hospital, a rarity by that time. It is thought that the village initially grew with the decline of Kilbixy, an important town in County Meath 500 years more

Product details

  • Paperback | 112 pages
  • 152 x 229 x 7mm | 177g
  • Junct
  • United States
  • English
  • 6136635909
  • 9786136635903