An Authentic History of Donegal Presbyterian Church; Located in East Donegal Township, Lancaster Co., Pa

An Authentic History of Donegal Presbyterian Church; Located in East Donegal Township, Lancaster Co., Pa

By (author) 

List price: US$19.94

Currently unavailable

We can notify you when this item is back in stock

Add to wishlist

AbeBooks may have this title (opens in new window).

Try AbeBooks

Description

This historic book may have numerous typos and missing text. Purchasers can usually download a free scanned copy of the original book (without typos) from the publisher. Not indexed. Not illustrated. 1902 edition. Excerpt: ...Kerr Sarah Ste henson mar, ried A am Ross It will be observed from the foregoing chart that the claim of Donegal Church for the honor of President William McKinley as one of its descendants is fully established. Corroborated by Chas. R. Miller, Esq., Canton, Ohio. David McKinley, who married Sarah Gray, the granddaughter of James Stephenson, was from the neighborhood of the Chanceford Presbyterian Church, in York County, Pa. Some of the McKinley descendants still reside in the vicinity and a number of them rest in the burying ground of the old Chanceford Church. The following inscriptions are from their tombstones: David McKinley was born 1755, in York Co., Pa., in the vicinity of the Chanceford Presbyterian Church. He took an active part in the Revolutionary War. He married Sarah Gray, the granddaughter of James Stephenson, of Donegal; he had a large family; he died in Ohio. His son, James McKinley, was born in 1783; he married Polly Rose and resided on a farm in Mercer Co., Pa.; he became engaged in the iron business at Lisbon, Ohio; he was an elder in the Lisbon Presbyterian Church. His son, William McKinley, was born in 1807; he resided at Poland, Ohio; he married Nancy Allison, a lady of Scotch-Irish blood; they had nine children, the seventh of whom is our President, Major William McKinley, bornJanuary 29th, 1843. Whatever the President's mother's denominational predilections may have been, the name of Allison was held in high estimation among the early founders of Donegal Church in the person of John Allison as an elder and a member of the Session to whom was granted the Wm. Penn patent deed for the Glebe in 1740. As early as I738 a patent deed was granted to Richard Allison for a tract of land about one mile south of...show more

Product details

  • Paperback | 42 pages
  • 189 x 246 x 2mm | 95g
  • Rarebooksclub.com
  • United States
  • English
  • black & white illustrations
  • 1236918231
  • 9781236918239