Produced by Europe's finest cartographers, Oxford's fully up-to-date Atlas of the World is an authoritative, comprehensive, and easy-to-use reference. Truly international in focus, this outstanding resource provides thorough, in-depth coverage of all areas of the globe.
Oxford's Atlas of the World incorporates all the changes in names and boundaries that emerged from the collapse of Communism in Europe and the USSR, as well as the latest worldwide census and survey data. Hundreds of outstanding full-color maps provide thorough political and topographical information, enhanced by attractive relief shading and layer-colored contours. Carefully selected map scales and projections ensure maximum legibility and accuracy, and allow finely detailed coverage with a truly global scope, from Hokkaido in Japan to the Hawr al Hammar marshes of Iraq to the Imperial Valley in California. Towns, roads, rivers, canals, airports, mountains, ocean depths, and more are located in clear, sharp focus. A special section of 66 city maps charts the key urban centers of each continent, and the 75,000-entry index offers easy, convenient access to specific locations. In addition, a forty-eight page introduction--beautifully illustrated with maps, charts, and diagrams--takes a systematic look at world geography, covering climate, the greenhouse effect, plate tectonics, agriculture, health, population and migration, international organizations and conflicts, and much more.
Created with meticulous care and reflecting the latest political developments and survey and census information, Oxford'sAtlas of the World achieves a high standard among international map references. Distinguished in its accuracy, map quality, detailed coverage, helpful organization, and truly global focus, theAtlas is an indispensable resource for the 1990s.
* Includes the latest changes in national boundaries and names worldwide
* Attractive full-color maps provide detailed political and topographical information, enhanced by relief shading and layer-colored contours
* Truly international, with thorough, balanced coverage of every part of the globe
* 160 pages of physical and political maps
* 66 city maps, from Prague, Istanbul, and Lagos to Bombay, Singapore, and New York--covering every continent
* An attractive, colorful 48-page introduction to world geography, exploring engaging and timely topics such as the greenhouse effect, population, international organizations and conflicts, agriculture, economic issues, and much more
* Comprehensive indexing of 75,000 names, including geographical features as well as cities and towns, with full latitude and longitude coordinatesshow more