Ardeer Platform Railway Station
Please note that the content of this book primarily consists of articles available from Wikipedia or other free sources online. Ardeer Platform railway station was a railway station serving the Nobel Industries division of Imperial Chemical Industries near the town of Stevenston, North Ayrshire, Scotland. Opened in 1896, the station and its associated branch line were known locally as "Nobel's private line," although in reality both the line and station were jointly run by the Glasgow and South Western Railway (G&SWR) and the Lanarkshire and Ayrshire Railway (L&AR). The station was originally called Ardeer Works Platform but at some point the 'Works' title was dropped. The branch became part of the London, Midland and Scottish Railway during the Grouping of 1923, later passed on to the Scottish Region of British Railways on nationalisation in 1948, and eventually closed by the British Railways Board on 3 October 1966.
- Paperback | 96 pages
- 152 x 229 x 6mm | 150g
- 10 May 2012
- United States