Archaeology, Artifacts and Antiquities of the Ancient Near East : Sites, Cultures, and Proveniences
"At 1,088 pages, this volume provides a wonderful sample- chosen by Muscarella himself - of forty papers spanning the author's career and many interests...This volume is so rich that it contains something for everyone." D.T. Potts, NYU, Bibliotheca Orientalis lxxIII n Degrees 3-4, mei-augustus 2016
- Hardback | 1090 pages
- 147.32 x 246.38 x 53.34mm | 2,018.48g
- 07 Jun 2013
- Leiden, Netherlands
Other books in this series
12 Aug 2014
18 Apr 2012
31 May 2011
01 Oct 2011
14 Jul 2016
09 Jan 2014
08 May 2012
23 Dec 2008
30 Jan 2014
18 May 2017
30 Jun 2016
07 Aug 2015
Table of contents
1. The Tumuli at Se Girdan: A Preliminary Report
2. The Tumuli at Se Girdan: Second Report
3. The Chronology and Culture of Se Girdan: Phase III
4. Qalatgah: An Urartian Site in Northwestern Iran
5. Excavations at Agrab Tepe, Iran
6. The Iron Age at Dinkha Tepe, Iran
7. Warfare at Hasanlu in the Late 9th Century B.C.
8. The Hasanlu Lion Pins Again
9. The Excavation of Hasanlu: An Archaeological Evaluation
10. The Iranian Iron III Chronology at Muweilah in the Emirate of Sharjah
11. The Location of Ulhu and Uise in Sargon II's Eighth Campaign, 714 B.C.
12. Surkh Dum at the Metropolitan Museum of Art: A Mini-Report
13. Northwest Iran: Bronze Age to Iron Age
14. Jiroft and `Jiroft - Aratta'
15. Sargon II's Eighth Campaign: An Introduction and Overview
16. King Midas' Tumulus at Gordion
17. The Iron Age Background to the Formation of the Phrygian State
18. The Date of the Destruction of the Early Phrygian Period at Gordion
19. Again Gordion's Early Phrygian Destruction Date: ca. 715 +/- B.C.
20. Urartian Metal Artifacts: An Archaeological Review
Part 2: Artifacts, Cultures, Forgeries, and Provenience
21. The Archaeological Evidence for Relations between Greece and Iran in the First Millennium B.C.
22. Urartian Bells and Samos
23. King Midas of Phrygia and the Greeks
24. Greek and Oriental Cauldron Attachments: A Review
25. Fibulae Represented on Sculpture
26. Phrygian or Lydian?
27. Fibulae and Chronology, Marlik and Assur
28. Parasols in the Ancient Near East
29. The Pope and the Bitter Fanatic
30. The Antiquities Trade and the Destruction of Ancient Near Eastern Cultures
31. The Fifth Column within the Archaeological Realm: The Great Divide
32. Bazaar Archaeology
33. Excavated in the Bazaar: Ashurbanipal's Beaker
34. Von Bissing's Memphis Stela: A Product of Cultural Transfer?
35. Gudea or Not Gudea in New York and Detroit: Ancient or Modern?
36 The Veracity of `Scientific' Testing by Conservators
37. `Ziwiye' and Ziwiye: The Forgery of a Provenience
38. Median Art and Medizing Scholarship
39. Modern Constructions of the Oxus Treasures: Forgeries of Provenience and Ancient Culture
40. Excavated and Unexcavated Achaemenian Art
About Oscar White Muscarella