Excerpt from Announcement and Catalogue of the Brevard Institute, 1907-1908: A Home School for Girls; Brevard, N. C
This school is an outgrowth of the Brevard Epworth School, started several years ago by Rev. Fitch Taylor, un der the auspices of the Western North Carolina Conference of the M. E. Church South.
Owing to the lack of sufficient financial support Mr. Taylor ran his school under disadvantages. The enterprise was finally suspended and remained dormant for two years. The Conference finally agreed to finish and furnish the school building and turn the property over to the Woman's Home Mission Society of the same church. The proposal was accepted, and the enterprise passed into the hands of the women in June 1903. On Oct. 20 school was Opened with an enrollment of fifty students, two of which were boarders. The house was enlarged the second year to ao commodate increased patronage. Third year the enroll ment reached one hundred sixty-two, representing five States as well as most of the counties in Western North Carolina. The fourth year, just ended, we have enrolled one hundred ninety-five students and have made a corre sponding growth along other lines.
About the Publisher
Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com
This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art technology to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.show more