Andoversford Railway Station

Andoversford Railway Station

List price: US$42.00

Currently unavailable

Add to wishlist

AbeBooks may have this title (opens in new window).

Try AbeBooks

Description

Please note that the content of this book primarily consists of articles available from Wikipedia or other free sources online. Andoversford railway station was in Gloucestershire on the Great Western Railway's Banbury and Cheltenham Direct Railway that opened in 1881. Situated about six miles east of Cheltenham, the station served the village of Andoversford with its large market, which provided a lot of the traffic at the station. In 1891, the Midland and South Western Junction Railway extended its line northwards from Cirencester to a junction with the GWR Cheltenham to Banbury line just east of Andoversford station. M&SWJR trains ran into Cheltenham over the GWR tracks, but were not permitted to call at Andoversford station until 1904. The M&SWJR opened its own station, called Andoversford and Dowdeswell, on the opposite side of the village. Under the Grouping, the GWR took control of the M&SWJR; it renamed Andoversford station as Andoversford Junction in 1926 and closed Andoversford and Dowdeswell to passenger traffic the following year, though it remained open for goods.show more

Product details

  • Paperback | 72 pages
  • 152 x 229 x 4mm | 118g
  • Anim Publishing
  • United States
  • English
  • 6136731428
  • 9786136731421