Algorithms for VLSI Physical Design Automation
This text provides a comprehensive treatment of the principles and algorithms of VLSI physical design, presenting the concepts and algorithms. Each chapter contains 3-4 algorithms that are discussed in detail and additional algorithms are presented in a somewhat shorter format. References to advanced algorithms are also presented at the end of each chapter. Recent developments have significantly altered the VLSI field: over-the-cell routing and early floorplanning have come to occupy a central place in the physical design flow. This introduces a realistic picture to the reader, exposing the concerns facing the VLSI industry. The textual material is supplemented and clarified by many helpful figures.
- Hardback | 568 pages
- 171.45 x 230 x 38.1mm | 963.97g
- 01 Jul 1995
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Boston, MA, United States
- 2nd Revised edition
- figures, bibliography, indexes
Table of contents
1. VLSI Physical Design Automation. 2. Design and Fabrication of VLSI Devices. 3. Data Structure and Basic Algorithms. 4. Partitioning. 5. Placement, Floorplanning and Pin Assignment. 6. Global Routing. 7. Detailed Routing. 8. Over-the-Cell Routing and Via Minimization. 9. Specialized Routing. 10. Compaction. 11. Physical Design Automation of FPGAs. 12. Physical Design Automation of MCMs.