Aldeburgh Railway Station

Aldeburgh Railway Station

Edited by 

List price: US$45.00

Currently unavailable

Add to wishlist

AbeBooks may have this title (opens in new window).

Try AbeBooks

Description

Please note that the content of this book primarily consists of articles available from Wikipedia or other free sources online. Aldeburgh railway station was a station in Aldeburgh, Suffolk. It was opened in 1860 by the East Suffolk Railway, and later came under the control of the Great Eastern Railway. The terminus of an 8.5 mile branch line to Saxmundham, the station closed in 1966 as part of the Beeching Axe as much of the British rural rail network was cut back. Opened by the East Suffolk Railway, then the it became part of the Great Eastern Railway. The Grouping of 1923 saw the line pass on to the London and North Eastern Railway. Then it joined the Eastern Region of British Railways on nationalisation in 1948.show more

Product details

  • Paperback | 104 pages
  • 152 x 229 x 6mm | 163g
  • Cred Press
  • United States
  • English
  • 6136730936
  • 9786136730936