Advances in Planar Lipid Bilayers and Liposomes: Volume 1
The lipid bilayer principle and its applications are the main theme of this new book series.
This new series on bilayer lipid membranes (BLMs and liposomes) include invited chapters on a broad range of topics, from theoretical investigations, specific studies, experimental methods, to practical applications.
Written for newcomers, experienced scientists, and those who are not familiar with these specific research areas, the Series covers all aspects of lipid bilayer investigations, both fundamental and applied.
- Hardback | 350 pages
- 170 x 238 x 22mm | 739.37g
- 02 Aug 2005
- Elsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Academic Press Inc
- San Diego, United States
Other books in this series
21 Jun 2013
18 Jun 2012
01 Dec 2012
21 Nov 2008
18 Jul 2014
09 May 2014
13 Aug 2015
01 May 2015
Table of contents
2. Dipole Potential of Bilayer.
3. Studying Calcium Channels from the Plasma Membrane of Plant Root Cells in Planar Lipid Bilayers.
4. Ion Permeability Induced in Planar Lipid Bilayer Membranes by Quinone Derived from Eukaryotic Microorganisms.
5. Sensitized Photoinactivation of Gramacidin Channels: Technique and Applications.
6. The Photoreceptor Membranes a Model System in the Study of Biological Signal Transduction.
7. Channels Formed in Planar Lipid Bilayers by Amyloid Peptides.
8. Design and Application of Planar Bilayer Lipid Membranes Containing Biological Ion Channels for Chemical Sensing.
9. 2D-Protein Crystals (S-Layers) as Support for Lipid Membranes.
10. High Frequency Love Acoustic Waves and their Application to the Study of Supported Lipid Bilayers and Membrane-related Events.