Advances in Next Generation Services and Service Architectures
The chapters are organized into the following four parts:-
* Part 1: Emerging Services and Service Architectures - This part provides eight chapters which survey many of the important emerging categories of services, and provides details about architectures, service models, and sample applications.
* Part 2: IPTV and Video Services - Video content delivery to a variety of endpoints with varying capacities and network connectivity is a fundamental service. In this part, four chapters address enabling technologies including semantic support, context-awareness, QoE optimization, and support for mobile devices.
* Part 3: Context Awareness - User sensitive application delivery has long been viewed as an important capability to increase the value of services to users. Context awareness focuses on representing and using the immediate situation and surroundings of the user in the delivery of the service. In this part, four chapters cover recent progress in context awareness and illustrate its use in next generation networks and IPTV.
* Part 4: Security - New types of services and service architectures require new security techniques. This part contains two chapters, one on security challenges and the other on the user of reputation in service management.
Advances in Next Generation Services and Service Architectures is complemented by a separate volume, Future Internet Services and Service Architectures, which covers future Internet architectures, peer-to-peer service models, event based processing, and VANETs.
Keywords Services, Service Architectures, IPTV, context awareness, smart grids, web 2.0, IMS, security, next-generation networks.
- Hardback | 452 pages
- 156 x 234 x 25.4mm | 807.39g
- 19 Apr 2011
- River Publishers
- Gistrup, Denmark
Other books in this series
01 Feb 2016
02 Jul 2013
Advances in Computer Communications and Networks From Green, Mobile, Pervasive Networking to Big Data Computing
09 Feb 2017
29 Dec 2011
13 Nov 2012
16 Jun 2015
05 Aug 2010
03 Apr 2014
30 Oct 2019
Optimization Methods for User Admissions and Radio Resource Allocation for Multicasting over High Altitude Platforms
21 Mar 2019
29 Feb 2012
Table of contents
About Anand R. Prasad