100 Facts - Planet Earth
100 Facts Planet Earth book for kids covers key topics about our world in easily-digestible, numbered facts. Every page features detailed illustrations and colourful photographs that bring the text to life for kids.
Essential topics covered in 100 Facts Planet Earth:
- Where Earth came from and where it is in space
- The layers of Earth, precious materials and preserving the planet
- Natural events, spectacular scenery and what we can learn about the evolution of Earth
Examples of 'I don't believe it' fascinating facts:
- Some fossils of bacteria are 3.5 billion years old.
- The longest stalactite is 59 metres long. The tallest stalagmite is 32 metres tall.
- By the middle of the 21th century, 30-50 percent of all living species may be extinct.
Activities to make learning accessible and interactive include:
- Make salt crystals using table salt, a magnifying glass and a dark-coloured bowl!
- Recreate a geyser eruption using a bucket, plastic funnel and plastic tubing
- Quiz question: What shape is a barchan sand dune?
Author: Peter Riley
Consultant: Clive Carpenter
Dimensions: 9 X 12
Format: Paperback with holographic foil
- Paperback | 48 pages
- 223.52 x 294.64 x 5.08mm | 226.8g
- 15 Aug 2015
- Miles Kelly Publishing Ltd
- Essex, United Kingdom
Other books in this series
15 Aug 2015