Sewing Clothes Kids LovePaperback
List price $26.50
Unavailable - AbeBooks may have this title.
- Publisher: Creative Publishing International, US
- Format: Paperback | 144 pages
- Dimensions: 229mm x 257mm x 33mm | 771g
- Publication date: 1 February 2010
- Publication City/Country: Beverly
- ISBN 10: 1589234731
- ISBN 13: 9781589234734
- Illustrations note: 150 Colour
- Sales rank: 22,664
This is a book of colorful and imaginative children's clothes to sew, designed with kids in mind. The authors are designers and owners of two popular pattern companies for kid's clothes--Farbenmix and Studio Tantrum, known in the sewing community for their creativity, versatility, and fit. This collection of exclusive patterns, included with the book, offers step-by-step instruction for making boys' and girls' clothing with a variety of fabric styles and decorative embellishment--including embroidery, patchwork, and trims. The patterns for pants, tops, skirts, and dresses include variations for long and short hemlines and sleeves, various necklines, and adjustable lengths. The patterns are sized from 18 months to kid's size 12.
Add item to wishlist
Other people who viewed this bought:
USD$14.88 - Save $5.38 26% off - RRP $20.26
USD$18.71 - Save $17.14 47% off - RRP $35.85
USD$14.86 - Save $8.52 36% off - RRP $23.38
USD$16.41 - Save $6.97 29% off - RRP $23.38
USD$22.49 - Save $4.01 15% off - RRP $26.50
Other books in this category
USD$21.35 - Save $5.15 19% off - RRP $26.50
USD$13.60 - Save $3.54 20% off - RRP $17.14
USD$19.95 - Save $6.55 24% off - RRP $26.50
USD$14.83 - Save $5.43 26% off - RRP $20.26
USD$14.18 - Save $6.08 30% off - RRP $20.26
USD$16.55 - Save $8.39 33% off - RRP $24.94
Nancy Langdon is the president and principal designer for Studio Tantrum. She also hosts the blog at fledgeflyingiseasy.blogspot.com. She lives in Redondo Beach, CA.Sabine Pollehn is president and principal designer for the sewing pattern company Farbenmix. She also hosts klickundblick.de and farbenmix.blogspot.com. She lives in Wilhelmshaven, Germany.Sabine Pollehn is president and principal designer for the sewing pattern company Farbenmix. She also hosts klickundblick.de and farbenmix.blogspot.com.
By Emily Clare Bowser 28 Nov 2010
I purchased this after seeing it at a local fabric shop; I also read a heap of reviews online before deciding to go for this title over a few other books on sewing kids clothes. Yes I will admit it was the pretty overly decorated outfits that sucked me in I love that the clothes, for the most part look like ?kids? clothes rather than tiny adult clothes. The bonus of the book is TEN Patterns for the small price of $27AUD; my daughter will be well dressed for many years just with this book.
So the cons
- I think that the book needed a resources section, the fabric, ribbons, iron on transfers and so on are what make the outfits so wonderful and I have spent a few hours trying to track down some of them, it would have been nice to see a list of retailers or manufactures in the book.
- The lack of boys patterns, I know that everyone has mentioned this, and I do understand that boys are so hard- or maybe boring- to sew for, but it would have been nice to see one more pattern for the boys- although I will say that my 9 year old son will LOVE a Silver Lake windbreaker complete with media pocket and ?Pokémon? style creatures on it.
- I got the new version that has the solid paper patterns and I intend to trance each size as needed- I may even trace patterns I plan on making a lot onto cardboard with the included seam allowance so I can zip around them with my rotary cutter.
- I love the bright embellished outfits in the book, although I doubt I will add as much embellishment to the outfits I make. It is still inspiring to see people doing things that are outside of the box.
- I love the projects section, the sewing instructions are easy to read and are not printed on a huge piece of paper (or multiple huge pieces of paper)
- I have read a few reviews suggesting that the book lacked instruction for embellishing the garments, however I see this as a plus, I do not want to copy an outfit or style but rather use the book as a springboard for my own ideas and my style (and my Kids as well)
To sum up, the book is just the right thing for me at the moment, after reading through it I can?t wait to get stuck into sewing the beautiful clothes contained in it and my kids already have a list of ?wants? from the book. I have only given the book four stars because I haven?t made up any of the garments yet.