Book Depository BlogRSS
Fri, 08 Nov 2013 11:37
Dorling Kindersley and LEGO have a fantastic selection of Brickmaster, sticker and activity books. To celebrate this holiday season they've given us an awesome LEGO Millenium Falcon and a selection of DK books to give away!
To be in with a chance to win just answer the simple question below by Monday 25th November and be in with a chance to win. May the force be with you!
Update -- winner: Katerina Skorova
Competition now closed
Posted by Adam
DK LEGO Star Wars
- 1. No purchase necessary. Proof of entering is not proof of receipt of entry.
2. To be eligible, entries must be received on or before the competition closing date. All entries shall become the property of The Book Depository, and their directors, officers, representatives, advertising and promotional agencies are not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
3. The competition is open to all excluding residents of Italy. Parents/guardians must submit the entry for those under the age of 16. Images must not contain photographs of minors without an adult's consent.
4. The prize winner will be decided by The Book Depository. The Book Depository will not enter into correspondence about the choice of winner.
5. The competition ends as specified on the competition page -- no entry received after that time will be considered. The winner will be announced as specified on the competition page. There is one prize
6. The promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the prize or offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
7. The prize winner will be notified by telephone/email. If the selected entrant does not meet all of the contract conditions, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
8. The competitions are not open to employees of The Book Depository and their sponsors or their immediate families.
9. By entering the contest, entrants, consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph and/or image for publicity purposes in all media carried out by The Book Depository, without payment or compensation.
10. The decisions of the contest judges are final. The prize must be accepted as awarded.
11. The right is reserved to terminate or withdraw this contest at any time.
12. All entries become the property of The Book Depository, who assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for any failure of the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by The Book Depository on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. The Book Depository reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the email portion of this contest should a virus or bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of The Book Depository corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, The Book Depository reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered within any way. Entrants agree to abide by the Contest Rules and the decisions of the independent judging panel, which are final.
13. Entries must be submitted by the named entrant (or their parent/guardian for children aged 16 or under) and will be invalid if found to come from a third party. Multiple entries from a single source (e.g 'competition entry' website/company) will be disqualified.
14. For name/county of prize winner, please send a stamped addressed envelope marked The Book Depository, Thames Central, Hatfield Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 1QE. No entries should be sent to this address.
15. Entry to the competition is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions.
17. The Promoters have organised these prize draws in good faith and do not accept liability relating to the prize.
CommentsShowing 1 to 25 of 119 results
Showing 1 to 25 of 119 results
- Denise Whisenhunt
Wow my husband and kids would love this. They are big Star Wars and Lego fans
- Posted Tue, 26 Nov 2013 03:04
- carol leadbeater
Super prize, My son andrew loves lego, really does calm with down with him autism, Thank you for the chance x
- Posted Mon, 25 Nov 2013 22:58
- brenda thompson
This what my son want for Christmas! I hope we win.
- Posted Mon, 25 Nov 2013 19:23
- Charlie Kavanagh
I'd love to win this !
- Posted Mon, 25 Nov 2013 16:10
This would make a fantastic present for my nephew.......excellent prize x
- Posted Sun, 24 Nov 2013 21:37
- Terri Ottenwess
Would love to win it for my son!
- Posted Sun, 24 Nov 2013 13:58
- Christina Brown
This would make a great Christmas present.
- Posted Fri, 22 Nov 2013 05:58
- josephine Doley
What a way to keep my two boys busy in the holidays they would love it
- Posted Thu, 21 Nov 2013 23:46
- Kirsten O\'Callaghan
a friend of mine (same age as me, early 40s haha) built one of these and I was SOO jealous.
- Posted Thu, 21 Nov 2013 22:25
- Heidi Koorts
yes yes yes, what an awesome prize, me pleeeeze!!!!
- Posted Thu, 21 Nov 2013 20:46
- Rita Andreassen
I would love this for christmas, and if the kids are really really nice, they can help build it to ;-)
- Posted Thu, 21 Nov 2013 20:07
- Maureen barker
The answer came from my 6year old grand daughter she would love to win ,what a wonderful Christmas gift !!
- Posted Thu, 21 Nov 2013 18:05
- Christine Kennedy
I have a 35 son who told us when he was 5 years old that he "WAS Darth Vader". Also his 3 sons who absolutely are hooked on all star wars toys, games, leggo etc. Please, please this would be the best Christmas gift possible for them all.
- Posted Thu, 21 Nov 2013 02:57
- fiona cameron
Love BD ! My niece and I hung out last Christmas putting together a Lego plane, best fun ever , so I just had to go in this.
- Posted Thu, 21 Nov 2013 00:16
- Debbie Nichols
Wow! Would I be popular on Christmas morning in a house full of boys if they had this to unwrap? Yes I would.
- Posted Wed, 20 Nov 2013 16:07
- Angela Evans
My son would die if he won this. Awesome competition. And just before Xmas
- Posted Wed, 20 Nov 2013 10:11
- John Wilkinson
What a great site! I'm totally hooked; you chaps should take a huge bow for creating a terrific online store. It's now about the same price for me to buy and have books sent to my family in New Zealand, as it is just POST THEM from Australia. AusPost should be ashamed of themselves. Merry Xmas to all :-)
- Posted Wed, 20 Nov 2013 02:05
oh wow I am going to build this one with my son and post it all over facebook !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Posted Wed, 20 Nov 2013 01:41
- Lillian Chan
My daughter will LOVE this, she is so into Lego, so much Lego, so little time.....
- Posted Wed, 20 Nov 2013 00:27
- Wendy Timms
Cool! I have 4 kids (3 boys and a girl) and we all love Star Wars and are just getting into Lego with only two small sets so far. This would be a very cool present to share!!!
- Posted Wed, 20 Nov 2013 00:08
- Kane Simpson
All these comments about giving the prize to their kids if they win... If I won it I'd keep it for myself. It's all about me me me! ME! Also, why do the answers have question marks? I don't like that.
- Posted Tue, 19 Nov 2013 23:08
- Yvonne Wiles
Great prize...The book depository is a great site,if i get stuck buying presents for my 6 grandchildren i come here,i even but a book rather than a sweet treat,with free delivery you just can't go wrong.
- Posted Tue, 19 Nov 2013 22:55
- María Garrido
I want it!!! My favorite saga is it!!! Master Yoda the force with you!
- Posted Tue, 19 Nov 2013 22:29
- Jung Soyoung
My second son is 6 years old and he adores LEGO. I don't know when he knew Star wars and loved it.
- Posted Tue, 19 Nov 2013 21:33
- Emma Radcliffe
This one would be for me! Are there many other 42 year old woman that would love to spend their Christmas day putting this together? A great excuse for me not cooking Christmas dinner this year...
- Posted Tue, 19 Nov 2013 21:18
Write a Comment
- 1. No purchase necessary. Proof of entering is not proof of receipt of entry.
- Book Depository Team
- Anna Content Manager View posts >
- Adam Spinach View posts >
- Noriko Tsuchiya Author View posts >
- Eric Admin View posts >
- Ben Elliss Head of IT View posts >
View more team members >
- Admin The Book Depository View posts >
- Mr McPaws Poet and kitten View posts >
- Alice Hart Davis Author View posts >
- Sibella Court Author View posts >
- Gordon Grice Gordon Grice View posts >
- Barry Chicken House View posts >
- Hugh Aldersey Williams Author View posts >
- Mark Forsyth Author View posts >
- Stevo Senior Designer View posts >
- Thalia Guest blogger View posts >
- Jason Senior front end Dev View posts >
- Mark Content Manager View posts >
- Publisher Blogs
- Alma Books Bloggerel
- Continuum philosophy
- Faber's Thought Fox
- Harvard University Press Publicity
- Indiana University Press
- Jam Language Publishing
- North Atlantic Books
- View more publisher blog >