The Book Depository BlogRSS
Wed, 27 Jun 2012 09:27
A competition from The Book Depository and McGraw Hill for the chance to win a cool iPod!
The Book Depository is currently on tour and we can't stop thinking holiday thoughts. McGraw Hill offer essential language learning books and business summer reads so that you can get the most out of your holiday.
Submit a photo of your favourite holiday souvenir with a brief description to firstname.lastname@example.org Our editors will pick the most amusing, interesting and/or original souvenir to declare the winner. The prizes are an iPod Classic 160GB and an iPod 8GB Touch. The winner can decide which one they want and the runner up will receive the other.
Entries must be labelled with the entrant's name and image files must be no bigger than 1MB. One entry only per person so please choose carefully! Competition closes Thursday July 12, midnight GMT.
Snap away and good luck!
Thanks to the good people at McGraw Hill link for sponsoring the prize.
UPDATE: please only send us photographs of things you acquired and not pictures of monuments, statues or anything else you may have just seen while on holiday.
UPDATE: Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful memories with us. The shortlist is now available here.
Competition now closed
Posted by Anna
Win an iPod
- 1. No purchase necessary. Proof of entering is not proof of receipt of entry.
2. To be eligible, entries must be received on or before the competition closing date. All entries shall become the property of The Book Depository, and their directors, officers, representatives, advertising and promotional agencies are not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
3. The competition is open to all. Parents/guardians must submit the entry for those under the age of 16. Images must not contain photographs of minors.
4. The prize winner will be decided by The Book Depository. The Book Depository will not enter into correspondence about the choice of winner.
5. The competition ends as specified on the competition page -- no entry received after that time will be considered. The winner will be announced as specified on the competition page. There is one prize
6. The promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the prize or offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
7. The prize winner will be notified by telephone/email. If the selected entrant does not meet all of the contract conditions, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
8. The competitions are not open to employees of The Book Depository and and their sponsors or their immediate families.
9. By entering the contest, entrants, consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph and/or image for publicity purposes in all media carried out by The Book Depository, without payment or compensation.
10. The decisions of the contest judges are final. The prize must be accepted as awarded.
11. The right is reserved to terminate or withdraw this contest at any time.
12. All entries become the property of The Book Depository, who assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for any failure of the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by The Book Depository on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. The Book Depository reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the email portion of this contest should a virus or bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of The Book Depository corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, The Book Depository reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered within any way. Entrants agree to abide by the Contest Rules and the decisions of the independent judging panel, which are final.
13. Entries must be submitted by the named entrant (or their parent/guardian for children aged 16 or under) and will be invalid if found to come from a third party. Multiple entries from a single source (e.g 'competition entry' website/company) will be disqualified.
14. For name/county of prize winner, please send a stamped addressed envelope marked The Book Depository, Royal Albert House, Sheet Street, Windsor, SL4 1BE. No entries should be sent to this address.
15. Entry to the competition is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions.
17. The Promoters have organised these prize draws in good faith and do not accept liability relating to the prize.
CommentsShowing 1 to 25 of 78 results
Showing 1 to 25 of 78 results
- Posted Fri, 20 Jul 2012 13:06 Mark as unsuitable? Under review
Thanks yoouuuu for the chance Bookdepositary, Greetings from Peru and I am a super fan of reading.
- Posted Fri, 13 Jul 2012 03:49 Mark as unsuitable? Under review
- Dominique Lung
Just entered. Haha, I hope everyone at the BD finds the souvenir I got as hilarious and amusing as I did.
- Posted Fri, 13 Jul 2012 05:32 Mark as unsuitable? Under review
- Lori Miller
This would be wonderful to win!!
- Posted Thu, 12 Jul 2012 20:36 Mark as unsuitable? Under review
- Dorothy Poisson
I really would like to have IPAD. My daughter and grandson have one and they love it.
- Posted Thu, 12 Jul 2012 12:22 Mark as unsuitable? Under review
- Leslie Karpati
I keep my fingers crossed and hope I'll finally win something. The ipod touch would be really nice. :)Thanks for the chance.
- Posted Thu, 12 Jul 2012 10:15 Mark as unsuitable? Under review
- Allan Azulbotón
What a great opportunity. I've just send one photo. Hope I win! Thanks The Book Depository and McGraw Hill! :D
- Posted Thu, 12 Jul 2012 02:14 Mark as unsuitable? Under review
thanks for the chance
- Posted Thu, 12 Jul 2012 06:20 Mark as unsuitable? Under review
- Kayla Andrews
Hey everyone, here's a great sweepstakes I stumbled upon! Some great prizes up for grabs in Vegas, so please help to spread the word and share. http://on.fb.me/LKKCxm
- Posted Wed, 11 Jul 2012 22:24 Mark as unsuitable? Under review
- Philippa littlejohn
This would be great if I could win an ipad. what a great opportunity it is to be able to win something like this:)
- Posted Wed, 11 Jul 2012 13:04 Mark as unsuitable? Under review
- Annette Sutherland
The best book shop to buy books in the Cook Islands as we only have one book store which hardly has any books so...... THANK YOU BOOK DEPOSITORY!!!!
- Posted Mon, 09 Jul 2012 22:26 Mark as unsuitable? Under review
- beatrix skane
would be nice though highly unprobable good luck to everyone
- Posted Sat, 07 Jul 2012 21:26 Mark as unsuitable? Under review
Ihope i win! never won a thing!
- Posted Sat, 07 Jul 2012 03:35 Mark as unsuitable? Under review
- natalie blyth
thanks for the comp
- Posted Fri, 06 Jul 2012 13:35 Mark as unsuitable? Under review
iv'e never won here befor so i hope i win and good luck to thoughs who do and i have never won something like this before
- Posted Fri, 06 Jul 2012 14:41 Mark as unsuitable? Under review
Don't pass an opportunity!
- Posted Fri, 06 Jul 2012 06:54 Mark as unsuitable? Under review
- Dr Antal Sandor
thanks for the hope!!
- Posted Tue, 03 Jul 2012 21:37 Mark as unsuitable? Under review
- Amanda Heritage
- Posted Mon, 02 Jul 2012 09:38 Mark as unsuitable? Under review
Good luck to everyone!
- Posted Sat, 30 Jun 2012 20:05 Mark as unsuitable? Under review
- Linda Bass
NEVER WON HERE AND WOULD BE A GREAT BIRTHDAY PRESENT!
- Posted Sat, 30 Jun 2012 23:52 Mark as unsuitable? Under review
- Kenneth McCrae
- Posted Fri, 29 Jun 2012 14:03 Mark as unsuitable? Under review
- Gail Engeman
I am telling all my friends and family about book Depository. Has to be the best site to buy a book.
- Posted Fri, 29 Jun 2012 05:58 Mark as unsuitable? Under review
Thank you winning blues.
- Posted Fri, 29 Jun 2012 00:46 Mark as unsuitable? Under review
- Alan Campbell
Hmm - the best "thing" I brought back from a holiday overseas was my wife.
- Posted Thu, 28 Jun 2012 12:23 Mark as unsuitable? Under review
- JG Harmonia e Bem Estar Unipessoal Lda
My favourite holiday souvenir has no face, no form, no smell. It is the memory that I keep with me of all that I have learned, have seen or I have lived. Julieta Gonçalves email@example.com
- Posted Thu, 28 Jun 2012 16:06 Mark as unsuitable? Under review
Write a Comment
- 1. No purchase necessary. Proof of entering is not proof of receipt of entry.
- The Book Depository Team
- Anna Content Manager View posts >
- Eric Admin View posts >
- Adam Spinach View posts >
- Ben Elliss Head of IT View posts >
- Admin The Book Depository View posts >
View more team members >
- Mr McPaws Poet and kitten View posts >
- Alice Hart Davis Author View posts >
- Sibella Court Author View posts >
- Gordon Grice Gordon Grice View posts >
- Kieron MD The Book Depository View posts >
- Barry Chicken House View posts >
- Hugh Aldersey Williams Author View posts >
- Mark Forsyth Author View posts >
- Stevo Senior Designer View posts >
- Thalia Guest blogger View posts >
- Jason Senior front end Dev View posts >
- Will IT Director View posts >
- Mark Content Manager View posts >
- Publisher Blogs
- Alma Books Bloggerel
- Continuum philosophy
- Faber's Thought Fox
- Harvard University Press Publicity
- Indiana University Press
- Jam Language Publishing
- North Atlantic Books
- View more publisher blog >