Book Depository BlogRSS
Tue, 14 Jan 2014 15:06
We've got a very special prize for all Beatle fans! The Fifth Beatle is the untold true story of Brian Epstein, the visionary manager who discovered and guided the Beatles - from their gigs in a tiny cellar in Liverpool to unprecedented international stardom. Yet more than merely the story of "The Man Who Made the Beatles," The Fifth Beatle is an uplifting, tragic, and ultimately inspirational human story about the struggle to overcome seemingly insurmountable odds. Brian himself died painfully lonely at the young age of thirty-two, having helped the Beatles prove through "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" that pop music could be an inspirational art form. He was homosexual when it was a felony to be so in the United Kingdom, Jewish at a time of anti-Semitism, and from Liverpool when it was considered just a dingy port town. This limited edition of this groundbreaking graphic novel features a signed tip-in sheet by creators Vivek J. Tiwary, Andrew C. Robinson, and Kyle Baker, along with a bonus section including unique Beatles and Brian Epstein memorabilia and behind-the-scenes sketches, a unique, textured cover, and a slipcase. Limited to 1500 signed and numbered copies.
Here are the prize details:
- 1. Limited Edition Signed/Numbered version of the graphic novel
- 2. A Limited Edition "white album" sampler signed by Vivek J. Tiwary
- 3. Script - first few pages of the script (taking us through the first sequence, through page 12 of the book), signed by Vivek J. Tiwary
- 4. Exclusive 8 1/2 X 11 print of the cover, signed by Vivek J. Tiwary, Andrew C. Robinson, and Kyle Baker-- from San Diego Comic Con 2013
Just answer the simple question below by Monday 3rd Feb to be in with a chance to win.
Competition now closed
Posted by Adam
The Fifth Beatle
- 1. No purchase necessary. Proof of entering is not proof of receipt of entry.
2. To be eligible, entries must be received on or before the competition closing date. All entries shall become the property of The Book Depository, and their directors, officers, representatives, advertising and promotional agencies are not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
3. The competition is open to all excluding residents of Italy. Parents/guardians must submit the entry for those under the age of 16. Images must not contain photographs of minors without an adult's consent.
4. The prize winner will be decided by The Book Depository. The Book Depository will not enter into correspondence about the choice of winner.
5. The competition ends as specified on the competition page -- no entry received after that time will be considered. The winner will be announced as specified on the competition page. There is one prize
6. The promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the prize or offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
7. The prize winner will be notified by telephone/email. If the selected entrant does not meet all of the contract conditions, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
8. The competitions are not open to employees of The Book Depository and their sponsors or their immediate families.
9. By entering the contest, entrants, consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph and/or image for publicity purposes in all media carried out by The Book Depository, without payment or compensation.
10. The decisions of the contest judges are final. The prize must be accepted as awarded.
11. The right is reserved to terminate or withdraw this contest at any time.
12. All entries become the property of The Book Depository, who assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for any failure of the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by The Book Depository on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. The Book Depository reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the email portion of this contest should a virus or bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of The Book Depository corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, The Book Depository reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered within any way. Entrants agree to abide by the Contest Rules and the decisions of the independent judging panel, which are final.
13. Entries must be submitted by the named entrant (or their parent/guardian for children aged 16 or under) and will be invalid if found to come from a third party. Multiple entries from a single source (e.g 'competition entry' website/company) will be disqualified.
14. For name/county of prize winner, please send a stamped addressed envelope marked The Book Depository, Thames Central, Hatfield Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 1QE. No entries should be sent to this address.
15. Entry to the competition is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions.
17. The Promoters have organised these prize draws in good faith and do not accept liability relating to the prize.
CommentsShowing 1 to 23 of 23 results
Showing 1 to 23 of 23 results
- Cally Cheung
George Martin once said, "He's the fifth Beatle, if there ever was one." I love The Beatles.
- Posted Mon, 03 Feb 2014 01:41
- Kat Silvestre
The prize is awesome! I'm a big fan of The Beatles since I was little :)
- Posted Fri, 31 Jan 2014 14:46
- Emma Rose Power
Wow great prize! I'd love to win this for my uncle, He's a huge Beatles fan
- Posted Thu, 30 Jan 2014 17:18
- Raewyn Lindsay
Fantastic prize!! My kids would love this and secretly so would their mum!! :-)
- Posted Wed, 29 Jan 2014 07:59
- Victoria Nash
Super duper prize!
- Posted Mon, 27 Jan 2014 18:44
This is a wonderful giveaway! Thanks so much.
- Posted Sun, 26 Jan 2014 20:28
- Jill Heard
Too young for Beatlemania first time around... making up for lost ground by collecting Beatle Vinyls from secondhand stores and charity stores..and anything "Beatle". The prize would be much appreciated and absolutely awesome!
- Posted Sat, 25 Jan 2014 08:59
- Susan Berkoff
I have had a tough year!! Winning this would MAKE MY YEAR!! I would LOVE THIS!!! Thank You!!
- Posted Thu, 23 Jan 2014 23:18
- Christy A Selemidis
This would be the PERFECT present for my boyfriend... he grew up with the Beatles, Lives and Breathes their music :P
- Posted Wed, 22 Jan 2014 03:03
- Ash Morrison
Great prize. Saw them on their NZ tour.
- Posted Mon, 20 Jan 2014 21:01
- gail hartshorn
Huge Beatles fan, what a great prize. thank you for the chance to win
- Posted Mon, 20 Jan 2014 18:01
- Susan Shalev
I was lucky to be at the first big Beatles live concert at the Finsbury Park Astoria in 1963 - a schoolfriend's birthday treat. Would love to win this prize.
- Posted Sun, 19 Jan 2014 13:03
- Kristina Novakovic
Huge Beatles fan. this would be a great prize!
- Posted Sun, 19 Jan 2014 06:34
- Gary Green
I would love to win this prize.
- Posted Fri, 17 Jan 2014 16:24
I always felt bad for him in a way. "the story of a man who threw the biggest party of the '60s but ultimately forgot to invite himself."
- Posted Fri, 17 Jan 2014 01:46
What a great prize - thanks so much for this opportunity
- Posted Fri, 17 Jan 2014 01:21
- Mrs Bonita Murray
I'm a Beatles fan since their inception.
- Posted Thu, 16 Jan 2014 17:19
- Simon Clearwater
- Posted Thu, 16 Jan 2014 04:31
- cyril rowlands
- Posted Wed, 15 Jan 2014 15:22
- Peter Davidson
One to be treasured
- Posted Wed, 15 Jan 2014 14:54
- Marilyn Kehoe
- Posted Wed, 15 Jan 2014 14:13
- sandra oliver
- Posted Tue, 14 Jan 2014 20:20
- Grzegorz Gurgul
- Posted Tue, 14 Jan 2014 18:59
Write a Comment
- Book Depository Team
- Adam Spinach View posts >
- Noriko Tsuchiya Author View posts >
- Anna Content Manager View posts >
- Eric Admin View posts >
- Ben Elliss Head of IT View posts >
View more team members >
- Admin The Book Depository View posts >
- Mr McPaws Poet and kitten View posts >
- Alice Hart Davis Author View posts >
- Sibella Court Author View posts >
- Gordon Grice Gordon Grice View posts >
- Barry Chicken House View posts >
- Hugh Aldersey Williams Author View posts >
- Mark Forsyth Author View posts >
- Stevo Senior Designer View posts >
- Thalia Guest blogger View posts >
- Jason Senior front end Dev View posts >
- Mark Content Manager View posts >
- Publisher Blogs
- Alma Books Bloggerel
- Continuum philosophy
- Faber's Thought Fox
- Harvard University Press Publicity
- Indiana University Press
- Jam Language Publishing
- North Atlantic Books
- View more publisher blog >