Book Depository BlogRSS
Wed, 20 Oct 2010 06:35
Everybody's favourite Doctor Tom Baker (no arguments at the back!) has signed a Who script for us to give away along with a bunch of newly scripted audio CDs voiced by the man himself. Brilliant, huh? Just answer a few simple questions and be in with a chance to win.
1. What was the name of the 4th Doctors debut adventure on TV in 1974? 2. What was the name of the 4th Doctors final adventure on TV in 1981? 3. What character did Tom Baker play in the film Nicholas & Alexandra?
Email your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Competition closes Friday 19th November and the winner will be announced early December.
And listen to great Baker narrated Who CDs here...
Competition now closed
Posted by Adam
- 1. No purchase necessary. Proof of entering is not proof of receipt of entry.
2. To be eligible, entries must be received on or before the competition closing date. All entries shall become the property of The Book Depository, and their directors, officers, representatives, advertising and promotional agencies are not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
3. The competition is open to all. Parents/guardians must submit the entry for those under the age of 16. Images must not contain photographs of minors.
4. The prize winner will be decided by The Book Depository. The Book Depository will not enter into correspondence about the choice of winner.
5. The competition ends as specified on the competition page -- no entry received after that time will be considered. The winner will be announced as specified on the competition page. There is one prize
6. The promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the prize or offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
7. The prize winner will be notified by telephone/email. If the selected entrant does not meet all of the contract conditions, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
8. The competitions are not open to employees of The Book Depository and and their sponsors or their immediate families.
9. By entering the contest, entrants, consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph and/or image for publicity purposes in all media carried out by The Book Depository, without payment or compensation.
10. The decisions of the contest judges are final. The prize must be accepted as awarded.
11. The right is reserved to terminate or withdraw this contest at any time.
12. All entries become the property of The Book Depository, who assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for any failure of the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by The Book Depository on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. The Book Depository reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the email portion of this contest should a virus or bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of The Book Depository corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, The Book Depository reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered within any way. Entrants agree to abide by the Contest Rules and the decisions of the independent judging panel, which are final.
13. Entries must be submitted by the named entrant (or their parent/guardian for children aged 16 or under) and will be invalid if found to come from a third party. Multiple entries from a single source (e.g 'competition entry' website/company) will be disqualified.
14. For name/county of prize winner, please send a stamped addressed envelope marked The Book Depository, 116 High Street, Eton, Berkshire, SL4 6AF. No entries should be sent to this address.
15. Entry to the competition is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions.
17. The Promoters have organised these prize draws in good faith and do not accept liability relating to the prize.
CommentsShowing 1 to 23 of 23 results
Showing 1 to 23 of 23 results
- Kym O'Driscoll
I'm not really a Dr Who fan so don't know any of the answers.
- Posted Sun, 09 Jan 2011 23:50
- Keirah Bartlett
I beg to differ, while Tom Baker and Christopher Eccleston were great, David Tennant was the best Doctor ever!!!
- Posted Mon, 25 Oct 2010 08:03
- Jackie LEEVERS
"My" Doctor was Jon Pertwee - I must have been about 11 when Tom Baker took over and loved him too, but it's your first love that sticks. Have to say Christopher Ecclestone and David Tennant have both wowed me considerably. The New series is/are (?) definitely an event and so different from the old longer series with cliff-hangers that left us with no nails left on either hand
- Posted Mon, 25 Oct 2010 03:52
I can't email my entry because it keeps saying that the email address is wrong..? Help plz?
- Posted Mon, 25 Oct 2010 00:51
- Andreja Turner
My younger brother loves Doctor Who series. I think this would be a perfect Christmas gift for him. Thank you for the great opportunity.
- Posted Sat, 23 Oct 2010 09:56
- Sue Adams
The Book Depository is so cool for arranging this competition! My granddaughter is obsessed with Dr Who, and the 4th doctor in particular. She owns a lot of classic DVDs :) How I would love to win this for her!
- Posted Sat, 23 Oct 2010 08:26
- Janine Hazlett
i love watching doctor who and i have watched and started reading the series when i was young
- Posted Fri, 22 Oct 2010 04:06
- Danny Wilson
Bring's back childhood memories,thanks for remining me of these older series.
- Posted Fri, 22 Oct 2010 02:29
- Carole Benham
I was born in England in 1961 and have been an avid Dr Who fan through all the years since although I have lived in Australia for forty six of them. I have managed to infect my three 'children' with the same obsession. We live in Hobart, Tasmania, Australia but my eldest daughter Annie and I were lucky enough to visit the UK in 2008 and saw the amazing Dr Who exhibition in Cardiff. Tom Baker is her favourite doctor she says his voice makes her swoon so I'm sure Annie in particular would love this prize and as she turns twenty one soon it would be a very special and memorable gift. Thanks for the opportunity, I'd give you a jelly baby but I've run out!
- Posted Thu, 21 Oct 2010 20:18
- Jacqueline Cadwgan
They say you always remember your first Doctor. Mine was Tom Baker, I was 9 in 1974. I began to watch Dr Who through all my teenage years. It was probably the beginning of my love of SciFi both books and TV and my eternal geekhood. I am still watching Dr Who, read the books, and have listened to some Dr Who audio books as well. This prize would not be wasted if I won it. I would treasure it!
- Posted Thu, 21 Oct 2010 19:46
- Bernard Taylor
Harder questions please!
- Posted Thu, 21 Oct 2010 19:05
hello! and thanks for this great idea, it made me recall how much i loved that series and character :D i won't try the competition because i have no memory of the answers and then it would mean just serching for them on the internet, which doesn't sound really cool to me.. however, i decided to write just to thank you (you rock, book depository!!) and to ask you to give my 'compliments, and many thanks!' to tom baker :) my bests, elena
- Posted Thu, 21 Oct 2010 18:57
- Maureen Hall
I have loved Dr Who from the very beginning would love to won this package
- Posted Thu, 21 Oct 2010 18:50
D'you want names and addresses included with the entries, or will you contact the winner to ask for those details?
- Posted Thu, 21 Oct 2010 18:35
- Angela Evans
Cool competition guys. My parents were avid watchers of Doctor Who which is where my brother and I got our obsessions from. My husband and I love watching the new ones now too. Can't wait for the new season to come out.
- Posted Thu, 21 Oct 2010 18:28
- pat daykin
great site. excellent prices.
- Posted Thu, 21 Oct 2010 15:51
- Ponygirl Summers
Wonder what script it is? V. exciting!
- Posted Thu, 21 Oct 2010 15:46
- Eric Hammer
I love Doctor Who.
- Posted Thu, 21 Oct 2010 14:34
- Alison Plummer
My boys would love this !!!!!
- Posted Thu, 21 Oct 2010 14:32
- Gavin Sheedy
1. Robot. 2. Logopolis. 3. Rasputin.
- Posted Thu, 21 Oct 2010 13:17
- Pat Walton
Sorry Ed, here is the retort from the back. The best Doctor was Christopher Eccleston; certainly the best with a Greater Manchester accent at least.....
- Posted Thu, 21 Oct 2010 12:20
Please do not leave answers in the comments. Email answers only to the above address. Answers here will be deleted and not considered. Thanks.
- Posted Thu, 21 Oct 2010 09:23
- Carol Hammond
Great Competition. I've been a massive fan of the Dr for years
- Posted Fri, 22 Oct 2010 09:20
Write a Comment
- 1. No purchase necessary. Proof of entering is not proof of receipt of entry.
- Book Depository Team
- Anna Content Manager View posts >
- Adam Spinach View posts >
- Noriko Tsuchiya Author View posts >
- Eric Admin View posts >
- Ben Elliss Head of IT View posts >
View more team members >
- Admin The Book Depository View posts >
- Mr McPaws Poet and kitten View posts >
- Alice Hart Davis Author View posts >
- Sibella Court Author View posts >
- Gordon Grice Gordon Grice View posts >
- Barry Chicken House View posts >
- Hugh Aldersey Williams Author View posts >
- Mark Forsyth Author View posts >
- Stevo Senior Designer View posts >
- Thalia Guest blogger View posts >
- Jason Senior front end Dev View posts >
- Mark Content Manager View posts >
- Publisher Blogs
- Alma Books Bloggerel
- Continuum philosophy
- Faber's Thought Fox
- Harvard University Press Publicity
- Indiana University Press
- Jam Language Publishing
- North Atlantic Books
- View more publisher blog >