Book Depository BlogRSS
Thu, 21 Nov 2013 16:07
There’s never been a better time for reading DC Graphic Novels! The Batman and Superman movie franchises are moving full steam ahead smashing box office records as they go and the hit TV series Arrow is now well into its second series. DC has hit the reset button with all its major characters and brought in some of the industry’s top talent to re-imagine them for the 21st century with engaging new storylines. The NEW 52 range is a brave and bold step by the publisher, but is keeping both the seasoned Fanboy and curious new reader coming back for more! To celebrate the success of the NEW 52 we are offering you the chance to win four of the coveted first volumes featuring some of the most popular characters:
- Action Comics Volume 1
- Batman Volume 1
- Justice league Volume 1 Origins - The origin of Comics premier Superteam
- Flash Volume 1
To compliment these fantastic books we are giving away a Justice League action figure pack featuring every current team member as well as a beautiful limited edition 1:12 scale statue from the recent Man of Steel movie. This highly collectible item features the climactic scene from the hit film as Superman faces off against General Zod with the fate of the Earth in the balance.
To be in with a chance to win this 'Super' prize set just answer the following question below. Entries by Monday 16th December.
Update -- winner: Jess Daisley
Competition now closed
Posted by Adam
- 1. No purchase necessary. Proof of entering is not proof of receipt of entry.
2. To be eligible, entries must be received on or before the competition closing date. All entries shall become the property of The Book Depository, and their directors, officers, representatives, advertising and promotional agencies are not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
3. The competition is open to all excluding residents of Italy. Parents/guardians must submit the entry for those under the age of 16. Images must not contain photographs of minors without an adult's consent.
4. The prize winner will be decided by The Book Depository. The Book Depository will not enter into correspondence about the choice of winner.
5. The competition ends as specified on the competition page -- no entry received after that time will be considered. The winner will be announced as specified on the competition page. There is one prize
6. The promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the prize or offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
7. The prize winner will be notified by telephone/email. If the selected entrant does not meet all of the contract conditions, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
8. The competitions are not open to employees of The Book Depository and their sponsors or their immediate families.
9. By entering the contest, entrants, consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph and/or image for publicity purposes in all media carried out by The Book Depository, without payment or compensation.
10. The decisions of the contest judges are final. The prize must be accepted as awarded.
11. The right is reserved to terminate or withdraw this contest at any time.
12. All entries become the property of The Book Depository, who assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for any failure of the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by The Book Depository on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. The Book Depository reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the email portion of this contest should a virus or bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of The Book Depository corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, The Book Depository reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered within any way. Entrants agree to abide by the Contest Rules and the decisions of the independent judging panel, which are final.
13. Entries must be submitted by the named entrant (or their parent/guardian for children aged 16 or under) and will be invalid if found to come from a third party. Multiple entries from a single source (e.g 'competition entry' website/company) will be disqualified.
14. For name/county of prize winner, please send a stamped addressed envelope marked The Book Depository, Thames Central, Hatfield Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 1QE. No entries should be sent to this address.
15. Entry to the competition is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions.
17. The Promoters have organised these prize draws in good faith and do not accept liability relating to the prize.
CommentsShowing 1 to 25 of 155 results
Showing 1 to 25 of 155 results
- Andre Ricardo de Passos Sobral
Crossing my fingers, crossing my fingers!!!
- Posted Fri, 27 Dec 2013 11:25
- katty luong
When do we find out who won the competition?
- Posted Tue, 24 Dec 2013 19:28
- Les Linyard
Fantastic prize - good luck to everyone and have an epic Xmas...
- Posted Sun, 15 Dec 2013 23:31
- caroline mackinnon
bought my nephew the man of steel dvd would love these to go with it xx
- Posted Sun, 15 Dec 2013 22:55
- brian taylor
I like the action figures my grandchildren think i am all of those rolled into one. Good luck eveyone and have great xmas and New year Super grand only joking Brian.
- Posted Sun, 15 Dec 2013 19:41
- Toni Curley
Wow! These are amazing. I would love, love, love to win these for my son. So very cool.
- Posted Sat, 14 Dec 2013 21:16
- Lillikoko MullerMurchie
This is awesome! I live in a asmall town in New Zealand and you can't find this anywhere. Fingers and toes crossed!
- Posted Fri, 13 Dec 2013 21:31 Under review
- Tina Shaw
Oh this would be all my son's Christmas's come at once. Thanks BookDepository.com for this fabulous competition and the opportunity to take this terrific prize home. Good luck to everyone. :D
- Posted Fri, 13 Dec 2013 12:33
Yeah pretty good
- Posted Thu, 12 Dec 2013 02:03
- Ana Catarina Duarte Ferreira
We don't have any of this in Portugal =( Great giveaway! You guys rock!
- Posted Wed, 11 Dec 2013 22:51
- marlene smith
i love this collection i have always been intrested in the action figures since iwas a little girl
- Posted Wed, 11 Dec 2013 19:55
- Armando Gutierrez
I need this in my life!
- Posted Wed, 11 Dec 2013 17:51
- AMY WITHINGTON
I know about 200 people who would be green with envy if I ended up with the Justice League. I also know a few of them who would end up with some of them too! :)
- Posted Wed, 11 Dec 2013 11:37
I want theeeeem
- Posted Wed, 11 Dec 2013 11:32
- Avi Angel
Awesome Prize!! I'm a huge comic fan, been reading comics ever since I was a kid and still visit continue to read them today, both digital and print versions. Loving this competition.
- Posted Wed, 11 Dec 2013 09:56
- Tiffany Riddle
The ultimate prize for this superhero collecting freak :)
- Posted Wed, 11 Dec 2013 09:50
Fingers crossed! This would be amazing to win!
- Posted Wed, 11 Dec 2013 09:44
fantastic give away !!! :)
- Posted Tue, 10 Dec 2013 23:44
- Michelle Yap Su Yi
I hope I can get the flash one... My sister loves flash comics...
- Posted Tue, 10 Dec 2013 06:39
- Steen James
Wow - Best competition ever!
- Posted Mon, 09 Dec 2013 23:17
- Nurliyana Laily
a great present for the festive season !
- Posted Mon, 09 Dec 2013 15:31
- Ana Maria Palop Martinez
Figs are great. I hope to get lucky
- Posted Mon, 09 Dec 2013 12:18
- Angela Abelardo
'Outrageous!' "It's a bird, it's a plane...' 'In the brightest day, in the darkest night, no evil shall escape my sight...' with the Lasso of Truth and a magic tiara, 'I'm Batman.' What more do we need! Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to All xxx
- Posted Sun, 08 Dec 2013 00:17
- Charmaine Schafer
I have entered this competition for my grandson who is autistic and his obsessions are the superheros. He is 9 and can name each and every one of the heroes, what they do and their speciality.
- Posted Sat, 07 Dec 2013 23:17
- Stephen Plummer
Superb competition. Granted, I am way more of a Marvel fanboy but Batman was my first superhero obsession :D I would say good luck everyone, but then that evens the playing field and is an empty platitude. So instead I say... good luck to whomever the universe deems most deserving!
- Posted Sat, 07 Dec 2013 22:24
Write a Comment
- Book Depository Team
- Anna Content Manager View posts >
- Adam Spinach View posts >
- Noriko Tsuchiya Author View posts >
- Eric Admin View posts >
- Ben Elliss Head of IT View posts >
View more team members >
- Admin The Book Depository View posts >
- Mr McPaws Poet and kitten View posts >
- Alice Hart Davis Author View posts >
- Sibella Court Author View posts >
- Gordon Grice Gordon Grice View posts >
- Barry Chicken House View posts >
- Hugh Aldersey Williams Author View posts >
- Mark Forsyth Author View posts >
- Stevo Senior Designer View posts >
- Thalia Guest blogger View posts >
- Jason Senior front end Dev View posts >
- Mark Content Manager View posts >
- Publisher Blogs
- Alma Books Bloggerel
- Continuum philosophy
- Faber's Thought Fox
- Harvard University Press Publicity
- Indiana University Press
- Jam Language Publishing
- North Atlantic Books
- View more publisher blog >