Book Depository BlogRSS
Mon, 17 Feb 2014 11:37
The Complete Asian Cookbook Series finds its origin in Charmaine Solomon's groundbreaking work into the delicious and diverse cuisines across fifteen Asian countries. Heralded as a classic when it was first published in 1976, the influential and iconic The Complete Asian Cookbook covers 800 traditional and contemporary dishes from many nations. For the first time, it has been divided into geographical regions in a beautifully crafted series, with the first three of the series being published this February: India & Pakistan; Indonesia, Malyasia & Singapore and Japan & Korea.
Written with the home cook in mind, Charmaine's recipes are authentic but simple to follow and work every time. With so many mouthwatering Asian recipes at your fingertips, you'll be desperate to head into the kitchen and give some of them a go! So Hardie Grant Books have teamed up with Kitchen Craft to ensure that you have everything you need in the kitchen to become a whiz at cooking delicious, flavoursome Asian food.
Bringing a touch of Asia in to the home, Kitchen Craft’s World of Flavours Oriental range brings a fusion of flavours from Asia-Pacific. With a beautiful crisp white design and delicate pink and blue flowers the Oriental collection puts Thai, Japanese, Malaysian, Vietnamese and Chinese dishes on the menu. Made from hard-wearing porcelain, the World of Flavours collection has everything you need to cook, prepare and serve delicious oriental cuisines at home. The range includes dip bowls, serving sets, bamboo steamers, sushi makers, woks and chopsticks, allowing you to create a truly authentic atmosphere whatever the occasion.
Now, it's your chance to win these great books plus an amazing selection of cooking goodies from Kitchen Craft:
- Serving Set
- Set of 4 Dip Bowls
- Chopstick Set
- Iron sizzle platter
- Medium Two Tier Bamboo Steamer and Lid
- Medium Dim Sum Non-Stick Papers
- Carbon Steel 35cm Non-Stick Wok
- Sushi Maker
Just answer the simple question below to be in with a chance to win. Competition closes 17th March 2014.
UPDATE -- winner: Francisco Borges
Competition now closed
Posted by Adam
- 1. No purchase necessary. Proof of entering is not proof of receipt of entry.
2. To be eligible, entries must be received on or before the competition closing date. All entries shall become the property of The Book Depository, and their directors, officers, representatives, advertising and promotional agencies are not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
3. The competition is open to all excluding residents of Italy. Parents/guardians must submit the entry for those under the age of 16. Images must not contain photographs of minors without an adult's consent.
4. The prize winner will be decided by The Book Depository. The Book Depository will not enter into correspondence about the choice of winner.
5. The competition ends as specified on the competition page -- no entry received after that time will be considered. The winner will be announced as specified on the competition page. There is one prize
6. The promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the prize or offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
7. The prize winner will be notified by telephone/email. If the selected entrant does not meet all of the contract conditions, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
8. The competitions are not open to employees of The Book Depository and their sponsors or their immediate families.
9. By entering the contest, entrants, consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph and/or image for publicity purposes in all media carried out by The Book Depository, without payment or compensation.
10. The decisions of the contest judges are final. The prize must be accepted as awarded.
11. The right is reserved to terminate or withdraw this contest at any time.
12. All entries become the property of The Book Depository, who assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for any failure of the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by The Book Depository on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. The Book Depository reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the email portion of this contest should a virus or bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of The Book Depository corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, The Book Depository reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered within any way. Entrants agree to abide by the Contest Rules and the decisions of the independent judging panel, which are final.
13. Entries must be submitted by the named entrant (or their parent/guardian for children aged 16 or under) and will be invalid if found to come from a third party. Multiple entries from a single source (e.g 'competition entry' website/company) will be disqualified.
14. For name/county of prize winner, please send a stamped addressed envelope marked The Book Depository, Thames Central, Hatfield Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 1QE. No entries should be sent to this address.
15. Entry to the competition is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions.
17. The Promoters have organised these prize draws in good faith and do not accept liability relating to the prize.
CommentsShowing 51 to 75 of 192 results
Showing 51 to 75 of 192 results
melanie spry send ur fb id
- Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 07:23
- Timothy Long
Wow!!! What a dream prize for the kitchen:-) Cannot wait to find out if I won or not:-) Go! Go! Go! I wish everyone LOTS OF LUCK!!!
- Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 07:19
exciting prize give
- Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 07:12
- shlomit eshet
It's so cool, I just love asian food. The dishes are looking so clean- asian way. Seems like a grate pack.
- Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 07:09
- Jasmine Yeo
What a fabulous prize with bowls and chopsticks all in!
- Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 06:52
- Chiarie Anne Matulac
I'm so excited to win this prize! I hope Philippines will be included in The Complete Asian Cookbook too! =)
- Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 05:49
- Denise Rooney
Have always wanted the original, but noone took my hints at the time. I often the Charmaine Solomon books from the library or friend. Love her style, grace and willingness to impart her knowledge and hints on all aspects of Asian cooking. Have watched her over many years on Australian television. Great prize, thanks for the opportunity to win.
- Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 05:37
- Kate Mobsby
I bought this book when it was first published in 1976. It was my favourite cookbook which I used all the time until it finally disintegrated about 30 years later. I am a regular Book Depository customer and I think it is the best on-line bookshop and I would be thrilled to win this prize.
- Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 05:36
- Barrie Watts
It was my pleasure to work with Charmaine as a sub-editor handling her copy for the Sydney newspaper she graced with her recipes and culinary insights. I've kept, filed and cooked from many of those pages. Over the years they've become tattered and worn - her classic book would be a brilliant replacement and a permanent reminder of one of the most thoroughly nice people I've ever known.
- Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 05:30
I would so love to win this prize! Asian cuisine is by far my favourite as it uses the least amount of dairy which I have been anaphylactic to since birth. This would give me the knowledge and tools to be confident about making my own food and maybe even entertaining and no one would ever guess it was specialty diet food! Thanks so much for the opportunity book depository, I am consistently impressed by everything you are able to offer. Good luck to everyone!
- Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 05:27
- Grace Yee
OMG PLEASE PLEASE!! SUCH A PERFECT PRIZE
- Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 05:19
- Di Swinnerton
What a great prize, love Charmaine's cookbooks and all the diverse Asian cuisines. Love cooking Asian and eating Asisn. Yummeeee!!!!
- Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 04:16
- katie miller
I would be so very happy if i won this love the food but not sure how to make it, loverly gift good luck to everyone liked & shared :) x
- Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 04:12
- melanie spry
Good luck everyone. My hubby would be very happy if we won this. It would make him less angry at me, since I've spent $1200 at the book depository in the last 4 months.
- Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 03:33
- Judith Erskine
My first copy of The Complete Asian Cookbook, purchased when it was newly published, has been loved to death . I would love to retire it honourably and keep cooking relish food with the help of a new copy
- Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 02:12
- jean olaughlin
I love Chinese food and would love to be able to make it at home. Great contest!
- Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 02:08
- Michael Dowling
The first cookbook I ever bought way back in the 1970s was a dark blue, hard cover copy of Charmaine Soloman's Complete Asian Cookbook. It quickly became and stayed my mainstay recipe book, even though my library grew quickly and extensively. Now, after having divorced and lost my favourite book to my ex, I look forward to being reunited again with this fabulous collection of recipes.
- Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 02:08
- Debbie Holmes
Ive travelled to a few Asian countries.........the beautiful food being a main draw card. Would absolutely love a cookbook covering so many diverse cultures (as ill never be able to visit them all) Fingers crossed!!!!
- Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 02:07
- Sandy Dobson
So keen to win this as we do cooking classes every time we visit Thailand and Indonesia and love cooking for our family and friends would love to have these excellent items to add to our collection and tastebuds thanks
- Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 02:07
- Paul Clay
This would be a wonderful win. My Korean wife and I love Asian fare, and we would be delighted to expand the range of our culinary creativity with these outstanding new recipes from the exotic East.
- Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 01:37
- Sheila Abrahamsson
Charmaine Solomon....legend! Oh once, just once, I'd love to win something......sigh.
- Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 01:29
- Nicola Inglis
I have not heard of this cookbook before. I do lot of cooking from the CWA cookbooks. These books look like they would be interesting to experiment with . . . .
- Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 01:20
- Nuala Lyne
I haven't seen this cookbook but love cooking Asian food for myself and my family. My little girl has allergies and it is really easy to adapt for a dairy and egg free diet!
- Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 01:18
- Clare De Mayo
Be great to win this. Then I only need to find someone to do the cooking for me!
- Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 01:15
- Gary Coulter
I'm an Aussie and buy a lot of books from the Book Depository who always deliver promptly so I would like to be rewarded by winning the Complete Asian Cookbook Prize. Thank you for your service.
- Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 01:14
Write a Comment
- Book Depository Team
- Anna Content Manager View posts >
- Adam Spinach View posts >
- Noriko Tsuchiya Author View posts >
- Eric Admin View posts >
- Ben Elliss Head of IT View posts >
View more team members >
- Admin The Book Depository View posts >
- Mr McPaws Poet and kitten View posts >
- Alice Hart Davis Author View posts >
- Sibella Court Author View posts >
- Gordon Grice Gordon Grice View posts >
- Barry Chicken House View posts >
- Hugh Aldersey Williams Author View posts >
- Mark Forsyth Author View posts >
- Stevo Senior Designer View posts >
- Thalia Guest blogger View posts >
- Jason Senior front end Dev View posts >
- Mark Content Manager View posts >
- Publisher Blogs
- Alma Books Bloggerel
- Continuum philosophy
- Faber's Thought Fox
- Harvard University Press Publicity
- Indiana University Press
- Jam Language Publishing
- North Atlantic Books
- View more publisher blog >