Book Depository BlogRSS
Mon, 11 Nov 2013 11:43
We have a fantastic selection of Agatha Christie books to give away - some facsimiles, hardbacks and paperbacks. Just solve the simple puzzle below and be in with a chance to win! Entries by 2nd December 2013 please.
And, be sure to check out this huge collection of Christie classics!
Update -- winner: Paolo Dorigatti
Competition now closed
Posted by Adam
- 1. No purchase necessary. Proof of entering is not proof of receipt of entry.
2. To be eligible, entries must be received on or before the competition closing date. All entries shall become the property of The Book Depository, and their directors, officers, representatives, advertising and promotional agencies are not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
3. The competition is open to all excluding residents of Italy. Parents/guardians must submit the entry for those under the age of 16. Images must not contain photographs of minors without an adult's consent.
4. The prize winner will be decided by The Book Depository. The Book Depository will not enter into correspondence about the choice of winner.
5. The competition ends as specified on the competition page -- no entry received after that time will be considered. The winner will be announced as specified on the competition page. There is one prize
6. The promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the prize or offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
7. The prize winner will be notified by telephone/email. If the selected entrant does not meet all of the contract conditions, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
8. The competitions are not open to employees of The Book Depository and their sponsors or their immediate families.
9. By entering the contest, entrants, consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph and/or image for publicity purposes in all media carried out by The Book Depository, without payment or compensation.
10. The decisions of the contest judges are final. The prize must be accepted as awarded.
11. The right is reserved to terminate or withdraw this contest at any time.
12. All entries become the property of The Book Depository, who assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for any failure of the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by The Book Depository on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. The Book Depository reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the email portion of this contest should a virus or bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of The Book Depository corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, The Book Depository reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered within any way. Entrants agree to abide by the Contest Rules and the decisions of the independent judging panel, which are final.
13. Entries must be submitted by the named entrant (or their parent/guardian for children aged 16 or under) and will be invalid if found to come from a third party. Multiple entries from a single source (e.g 'competition entry' website/company) will be disqualified.
14. For name/county of prize winner, please send a stamped addressed envelope marked The Book Depository, Thames Central, Hatfield Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 1QE. No entries should be sent to this address.
15. Entry to the competition is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions.
17. The Promoters have organised these prize draws in good faith and do not accept liability relating to the prize.
CommentsShowing 51 to 75 of 88 results
Showing 51 to 75 of 88 results
- P Balla
Agatha Christie is one of the best crime story tellers . I would love to possess a few titles from her. Thanks.
- Posted Fri, 15 Nov 2013 00:00
- Sumner Berg
I need to read more!!
- Posted Thu, 14 Nov 2013 22:31
- Maree Rodwell
Spent many happy hours as a child reading Agatha Christie novels. They never date do they?
- Posted Thu, 14 Nov 2013 22:03
I hope I win ;)
- Posted Thu, 14 Nov 2013 22:02
- Mark Tweedale
Oh, I really want to win this one!
- Posted Thu, 14 Nov 2013 21:10
- Kseniya Kulbitski
This is the best competition. Please, please let it be me.
- Posted Thu, 14 Nov 2013 21:05
- Margaret Denvir
A fascinating lady who demonstrated, believably, how 'ordinary' people are capable of tragic acts.
- Posted Thu, 14 Nov 2013 20:58
- Ann Brocklehurst
Would love to have some of her books again after mine were damaged. Excellent crime writer if not the best!
- Posted Thu, 14 Nov 2013 20:25
- Alya Pender
I would so much like to have it!!! Agatha Christie's books were my first addiction.
- Posted Thu, 14 Nov 2013 19:33
- wendy charlesworth
lovely prize , would keep me happy for a long long while :)
- Posted Thu, 14 Nov 2013 19:25
- Nancy Black
Agatha Christie was a intriguing woman with a life right from the movies and books. Complicated, vacuous at times..yet always the best! Thank you for the contest!!
- Posted Thu, 14 Nov 2013 19:14
Great prize! I really want it! Thanks for the change, i'm looking forward December 2nd :)
- Posted Thu, 14 Nov 2013 19:05
- Louise S Phylactou
Looking forward to the draw, hope I win :)
- Posted Thu, 14 Nov 2013 19:03
Fantastic competition! I love Agatha Christie's books.
- Posted Thu, 14 Nov 2013 18:50
- Andre Duarte Brito
I really love Agatha Christie !!!
- Posted Thu, 14 Nov 2013 18:45
- chatzis dimitrios
What a great offer!!! I am a huge fan of mysteries and I hope I'll become a crime books writer myself. I would really like to win this collection!!!
- Posted Thu, 14 Nov 2013 18:30
- Jean Parker
Question - who wants this more than me? why would they want this more than me? What do they want more than me? It certainly is a mystery! I love a mystery!
- Posted Thu, 14 Nov 2013 18:11
- Fernanda Vilar de Lira
That would be a great Christmas gift to someone who has been reading so much in english, my second language. Thanks for the chance!
- Posted Thu, 14 Nov 2013 17:59
- Ana Santos Monteiro
I would love to win this, even if its a 1 in a million chance... Let me cross my fingers and hope for the best XD
- Posted Thu, 14 Nov 2013 17:52
- Nelson Quiroz
I'll be waiting for December! *0*
- Posted Thu, 14 Nov 2013 17:50
Hope well! But I know that I won't win this contest. :(
- Posted Thu, 14 Nov 2013 17:19
- Andrea Clunes Velásquez
Crossing my fingers for this! *o*&
- Posted Thu, 14 Nov 2013 16:13
thanks for having a chance
- Posted Thu, 14 Nov 2013 08:52
- cyril rowlands
- Posted Wed, 13 Nov 2013 15:49
I genuinely believe that reading her novels would be a good way of learning English.
- Posted Wed, 13 Nov 2013 13:47
Write a Comment
- 1. No purchase necessary. Proof of entering is not proof of receipt of entry.
- Book Depository Team
- Adam Spinach View posts >
- Anna Content Manager View posts >
- Noriko Tsuchiya Author View posts >
- Eric Admin View posts >
- Ben Elliss Head of IT View posts >
View more team members >
- Admin The Book Depository View posts >
- Mr McPaws Poet and kitten View posts >
- Alice Hart Davis Author View posts >
- Sibella Court Author View posts >
- Gordon Grice Gordon Grice View posts >
- Barry Chicken House View posts >
- Hugh Aldersey Williams Author View posts >
- Mark Forsyth Author View posts >
- Stevo Senior Designer View posts >
- Thalia Guest blogger View posts >
- Jason Senior front end Dev View posts >
- Mark Content Manager View posts >
- Publisher Blogs
- Alma Books Bloggerel
- Continuum philosophy
- Faber's Thought Fox
- Harvard University Press Publicity
- Indiana University Press
- Jam Language Publishing
- North Atlantic Books
- View more publisher blog >