Book Depository BlogRSS
Mon, 11 Nov 2013 11:43
We have a fantastic selection of Agatha Christie books to give away - some facsimiles, hardbacks and paperbacks. Just solve the simple puzzle below and be in with a chance to win! Entries by 2nd December 2013 please.
And, be sure to check out this huge collection of Christie classics!
Update -- winner: Paolo Dorigatti
Competition now closed
Posted by Adam
- 1. No purchase necessary. Proof of entering is not proof of receipt of entry.
2. To be eligible, entries must be received on or before the competition closing date. All entries shall become the property of The Book Depository, and their directors, officers, representatives, advertising and promotional agencies are not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
3. The competition is open to all excluding residents of Italy. Parents/guardians must submit the entry for those under the age of 16. Images must not contain photographs of minors without an adult's consent.
4. The prize winner will be decided by The Book Depository. The Book Depository will not enter into correspondence about the choice of winner.
5. The competition ends as specified on the competition page -- no entry received after that time will be considered. The winner will be announced as specified on the competition page. There is one prize
6. The promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the prize or offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
7. The prize winner will be notified by telephone/email. If the selected entrant does not meet all of the contract conditions, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
8. The competitions are not open to employees of The Book Depository and their sponsors or their immediate families.
9. By entering the contest, entrants, consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph and/or image for publicity purposes in all media carried out by The Book Depository, without payment or compensation.
10. The decisions of the contest judges are final. The prize must be accepted as awarded.
11. The right is reserved to terminate or withdraw this contest at any time.
12. All entries become the property of The Book Depository, who assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for any failure of the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by The Book Depository on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. The Book Depository reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the email portion of this contest should a virus or bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of The Book Depository corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, The Book Depository reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered within any way. Entrants agree to abide by the Contest Rules and the decisions of the independent judging panel, which are final.
13. Entries must be submitted by the named entrant (or their parent/guardian for children aged 16 or under) and will be invalid if found to come from a third party. Multiple entries from a single source (e.g 'competition entry' website/company) will be disqualified.
14. For name/county of prize winner, please send a stamped addressed envelope marked The Book Depository, Thames Central, Hatfield Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 1QE. No entries should be sent to this address.
15. Entry to the competition is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions.
17. The Promoters have organised these prize draws in good faith and do not accept liability relating to the prize.
CommentsShowing 1 to 25 of 88 results
Showing 1 to 25 of 88 results
- Luiza E. da Cunha
Just wonder who won!
- Posted Wed, 11 Dec 2013 21:30
- Carolin zeroni
I love her books! I never win any of the contests here, so I don't have too much expectations...
- Posted Sat, 30 Nov 2013 08:18
Crossing my fingers!
- Posted Fri, 29 Nov 2013 15:40
- Thomas Claerhout
Thrilling and brilliantly written!
- Posted Fri, 29 Nov 2013 13:12
- Genevieve Gray
Love some Agatha action
- Posted Thu, 28 Nov 2013 21:32
- Mariana Dias Castela de Carvalho
A dream !
- Posted Mon, 25 Nov 2013 22:18
- john wallis
still the greatest
- Posted Mon, 25 Nov 2013 20:25
- Tracey McDonald
I was given my first Agatha Christie's when I turned 18 now my 11 year old reads them
- Posted Mon, 25 Nov 2013 20:22
- Charlie Kavanagh
I've always loved Agatha Christie's novels ! Fingers crossed i win !!!
- Posted Mon, 25 Nov 2013 16:16
- Christine Ward
What an amazing woman, especially for her time, and what an interesting life she had.
- Posted Mon, 25 Nov 2013 11:17
The best way I know to pay tribute to this great writer is to share her books with friends and to make new friends by introducing them to her.
- Posted Mon, 25 Nov 2013 03:13
- Paula Buick
Sophie Hannah has got the go ahead to revive Agatha Christie's Hercule Poirot. I am waiting with bated breath to see if she makes as good a job as Agatha. She will set the book in 1920's - Hastings and Japp won't be in it.... and Sebastion Falks is going to write a Evelyn Waugh's Jeeves and Wooster book... we will be waiting .... such good writers all!
- Posted Fri, 22 Nov 2013 20:37
I hope I can win these.. It would be an amazing gift to my mum for christmas!!
- Posted Fri, 22 Nov 2013 14:52
Fantastic prize would love this to complete a collection :)
- Posted Fri, 22 Nov 2013 12:54
- Ms K L Martindale
My young Grand daughter is just being initiated into the thrills of Agatha Christie, what a lovely prize this would be for her.
- Posted Fri, 22 Nov 2013 05:06
- Kathleen Ann Smith
Like many other's I so want to win this for my Mum - she would love it!
- Posted Fri, 22 Nov 2013 01:23
I'm 15 and have a huge Agatha Christie fan since I was about 10 :-) Her books are so amazing.
- Posted Fri, 22 Nov 2013 00:07
Would so love to win this for my Mum, an Agatha Christie fan from way back.
- Posted Thu, 21 Nov 2013 21:15
- Brita Bevis
A superb prize for someone very lucky... would so love it to be me!
- Posted Thu, 21 Nov 2013 20:51
- Maria Ari E.
I'm a huge fan of Agatha Christie's, and already collected several editions of entire collections, but never have a box set collection ...:D (finger-crossed-wishes-to-win-this)
- Posted Wed, 20 Nov 2013 14:16
- Stacey Cheok
I'm a late bloomer for Agatha Christie and have read almost all of her works. I'm currently working on adding all her books into my personal collection. It would mean a lot to me if I could win this!
- Posted Wed, 20 Nov 2013 14:12
- Wendy Timms
Oh what a fantastic package! Agatha Christie is such a wonderful author and master of mystery.
- Posted Wed, 20 Nov 2013 00:33
I love crime solving books. Love reading Conan Doyle's fascinating stories of Sherlock Holmes and now a chance to win Agatha Christie's? A Christmas present from Book Depository! :)
- Posted Tue, 19 Nov 2013 13:22
One of my favorite crime stories!
- Posted Tue, 19 Nov 2013 10:07
- francine dessaix
I read my 1st Agatha Christie book 50 yrs ago at 12 and within 8 years I had all her books and bookshelved in alphabetical order. Some are lost now. I was/am in awe of her skill. This is heresy.. but ...I always felt a clue was left out and used to backtrack throught the story to find where this happened. Sometimes......!!
- Posted Mon, 18 Nov 2013 22:22
Write a Comment
- 1. No purchase necessary. Proof of entering is not proof of receipt of entry.
- Book Depository Team
- Anna Content Manager View posts >
- Adam Spinach View posts >
- Noriko Tsuchiya Author View posts >
- Eric Admin View posts >
- Ben Elliss Head of IT View posts >
View more team members >
- Admin The Book Depository View posts >
- Mr McPaws Poet and kitten View posts >
- Alice Hart Davis Author View posts >
- Sibella Court Author View posts >
- Gordon Grice Gordon Grice View posts >
- Barry Chicken House View posts >
- Hugh Aldersey Williams Author View posts >
- Mark Forsyth Author View posts >
- Stevo Senior Designer View posts >
- Thalia Guest blogger View posts >
- Jason Senior front end Dev View posts >
- Mark Content Manager View posts >
- Publisher Blogs
- Alma Books Bloggerel
- Continuum philosophy
- Faber's Thought Fox
- Harvard University Press Publicity
- Indiana University Press
- Jam Language Publishing
- North Atlantic Books
- View more publisher blog >