The Book Depository BlogRSS
Thu, 16 Aug 2012 15:03
Welcome to the Penguin English Library: 100 of the best novels in the English language. These are books to collect and share, admire and hold; books that celebrate the pure pleasure of reading. They are stories to escape with and get lost in - full of amazing worlds and extraordinary characters that will blow your mind, and stay with you forever.
We're offering three winners the chance to win their own Penguin English Library. The winner will win 30 Penguin English Library books of their choosing, the runner-up will win 20 books and the 3rd winner will get 10 books!
To be in with a chance of winning, just answer the below question below by Monday 1st October.
Winners: 1st Thiago Kodic, 2nd Vivan Nguyen, 3rd Holly Atkinson
Competition now closed
Posted by Adam
- 1. No purchase necessary. Proof of entering is not proof of receipt of entry.
2. To be eligible, entries must be received on or before the competition closing date. All entries shall become the property of The Book Depository, and their directors, officers, representatives, advertising and promotional agencies are not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
3. The competition is open to all. Parents/guardians must submit the entry for those under the age of 16. Images must not contain photographs of minors.
4. The prize winner will be decided by The Book Depository. The Book Depository will not enter into correspondence about the choice of winner.
5. The competition ends as specified on the competition page -- no entry received after that time will be considered. The winner will be announced as specified on the competition page. There is one prize
6. The promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the prize or offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
7. The prize winner will be notified by telephone/email. If the selected entrant does not meet all of the contract conditions, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
8. The competitions are not open to employees of The Book Depository and their sponsors or their immediate families.
9. By entering the contest, entrants, consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph and/or image for publicity purposes in all media carried out by The Book Depository, without payment or compensation.
10. The decisions of the contest judges are final. The prize must be accepted as awarded.
11. The right is reserved to terminate or withdraw this contest at any time.
12. All entries become the property of The Book Depository, who assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for any failure of the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by The Book Depository on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. The Book Depository reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the email portion of this contest should a virus or bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of The Book Depository corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, The Book Depository reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered within any way. Entrants agree to abide by the Contest Rules and the decisions of the independent judging panel, which are final.
13. Entries must be submitted by the named entrant (or their parent/guardian for children aged 16 or under) and will be invalid if found to come from a third party. Multiple entries from a single source (e.g 'competition entry' website/company) will be disqualified.
14. For name/county of prize winner, please send a stamped addressed envelope marked The Book Depository, Royal Albert House, Sheet Street, Windsor, SL4 1BE. No entries should be sent to this address.
15. Entry to the competition is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions.
17. The Promoters have organised these prize draws in good faith and do not accept liability relating to the prize.
CommentsShowing 1 to 25 of 208 results
Showing 1 to 25 of 208 results
- Nez Palay
:( I didn't win
- Posted Mon, 08 Oct 2012 23:18 Mark as unsuitable? Under review
- Paulo Silva
Where are the winners?
- Posted Tue, 02 Oct 2012 10:33 Mark as unsuitable? Under review
- Beth P
Penguin Books made it easier for me to indulge in one of my favorite vices--lots and lots of books! E-readers aside, I prefer the feel of paper!
- Posted Tue, 02 Oct 2012 01:45 Mark as unsuitable? Under review
- Terri P
I love to read -- definitely my cuppa tea! :)
- Posted Tue, 02 Oct 2012 01:31 Mark as unsuitable? Under review
WOW, what a book lovers dream....hate nooks, love books!
- Posted Mon, 01 Oct 2012 21:25 Mark as unsuitable? Under review
- ali thorpe
- Posted Mon, 01 Oct 2012 21:12 Mark as unsuitable? Under review
- Gustavo Castillo
I want theeeeeeem!
- Posted Mon, 01 Oct 2012 16:31 Mark as unsuitable? Under review
- tracy martens
Amazing giveaway for all us bookworms
- Posted Sun, 30 Sep 2012 14:24 Mark as unsuitable? Under review
- Jack Stanley Crompton
I'm salivating already!
- Posted Tue, 25 Sep 2012 16:14 Mark as unsuitable? Under review
- Siobhan Mangan Nolan
Would be fantastic to win these true classics!!
- Posted Fri, 21 Sep 2012 11:25 Under review
I work at a zoo and reading my peguin books next to the penguins and even to the peguins would be perfect :)
- Posted Thu, 20 Sep 2012 12:08 Mark as unsuitable? Under review
- Desiree Yeo
I love these covers so much I could spend 10 minutes everyday caressing them!
- Posted Thu, 20 Sep 2012 09:01 Under review
If I win, I will pick some of the Penguin books I've had my eye on and get some new ones too. Then I will have to recommend them to my friends.
- Posted Thu, 20 Sep 2012 02:09 Under review
- Lynn Fordred
IT WOULD BE A PRIVILEGE TO OWN SUCH AN AMAZING COLLECTION OF BOOKS!
- Posted Wed, 19 Sep 2012 11:58 Under review
- Jen Pearson
If I won these - I'd give them to my neice and nephew - counter the rotting effect I'm sure Facebook is having on their brains! :)
- Posted Wed, 19 Sep 2012 04:59 Under review
- Janet Flemming
What a wonderful set of books... and would be such a blessing to win a set of classics and to share with others too. Such a great prize
- Posted Tue, 18 Sep 2012 03:35 Under review
- Amy Taylor
Amazing stories encased by such beautiful covers... What a fantastic prize!
- Posted Mon, 17 Sep 2012 10:42 Under review
- Heather Stone
One of my first High School books. Boy was that a long time ago!
- Posted Mon, 17 Sep 2012 06:03 Under review
- Kermit Crissey
These would look great in my Den
- Posted Mon, 17 Sep 2012 04:50 Under review
- Tan Zhi Yi Fabian
I've always given books to friends as presents because they're so much more meaningful. What I already own from this collection I'll give to friends, especially because the cover designs are wonderful! Crossing my fingers, and good luck to everyone else too!
- Posted Mon, 17 Sep 2012 04:12 Under review
- Barbra Wagner
These are an absolute treasure and a perfect way to 'rest' during my University semester break.
- Posted Mon, 17 Sep 2012 01:39 Under review
- YIN LIN
Look forward to reading those wonderful books
- Posted Mon, 17 Sep 2012 00:59 Under review
- Elisabeth Engan
Love these edition!
- Posted Mon, 17 Sep 2012 00:25 Under review
- Gloria Walshver
Great books to win.
- Posted Sun, 16 Sep 2012 21:07 Mark as unsuitable? Under review
These books are one of the best that I have ever read as a child.
- Posted Sun, 16 Sep 2012 14:04 Mark as unsuitable? Under review
Write a Comment
- 1. No purchase necessary. Proof of entering is not proof of receipt of entry.
- The Book Depository Team
- Anna Content Manager View posts >
- Eric Admin View posts >
- Adam Spinach View posts >
- Ben Elliss Head of IT View posts >
- Admin The Book Depository View posts >
View more team members >
- Mr McPaws Poet and kitten View posts >
- Alice Hart Davis Author View posts >
- Sibella Court Author View posts >
- Gordon Grice Gordon Grice View posts >
- Kieron MD The Book Depository View posts >
- Barry Chicken House View posts >
- Hugh Aldersey Williams Author View posts >
- Mark Forsyth Author View posts >
- Stevo Senior Designer View posts >
- Thalia Guest blogger View posts >
- Jason Senior front end Dev View posts >
- Will IT Director View posts >
- Mark Content Manager View posts >
- Publisher Blogs
- Alma Books Bloggerel
- Continuum philosophy
- Faber's Thought Fox
- Harvard University Press Publicity
- Indiana University Press
- Jam Language Publishing
- North Atlantic Books
- View more publisher blog >