Book Depository BlogRSS
Thu, 03 Oct 2013 09:18
To celebrate 40 years of Usborne books this year, Saturday 5th October has been declared Usborne Day! As part of the celebrations, we've got a brilliant prize to give away, comprising of 40 bestselling Usborne titles, as well as lots of Usborne Day goodies, including a T-shirt and limited edition tote bag! To enter, simply answer the question below. Good luck! Competition closes October 28th.
PLUS: We also have some fun activity sheets for you to download and print off!
Competition now closed
Posted by Adam
- 1. No purchase necessary. Proof of entering is not proof of receipt of entry.
2. To be eligible, entries must be received on or before the competition closing date. All entries shall become the property of The Book Depository, and their directors, officers, representatives, advertising and promotional agencies are not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
3. The competition is open to all excluding residents of Italy. Parents/guardians must submit the entry for those under the age of 16. Images must not contain photographs of minors without an adult's consent.
4. The prize winner will be decided by The Book Depository. The Book Depository will not enter into correspondence about the choice of winner.
5. The competition ends as specified on the competition page -- no entry received after that time will be considered. The winner will be announced as specified on the competition page. There is one prize
6. The promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the prize or offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
7. The prize winner will be notified by telephone/email. If the selected entrant does not meet all of the contract conditions, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
8. The competitions are not open to employees of The Book Depository and their sponsors or their immediate families.
9. By entering the contest, entrants, consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph and/or image for publicity purposes in all media carried out by The Book Depository, without payment or compensation.
10. The decisions of the contest judges are final. The prize must be accepted as awarded.
11. The right is reserved to terminate or withdraw this contest at any time.
12. All entries become the property of The Book Depository, who assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for any failure of the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by The Book Depository on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. The Book Depository reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the email portion of this contest should a virus or bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of The Book Depository corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, The Book Depository reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered within any way. Entrants agree to abide by the Contest Rules and the decisions of the independent judging panel, which are final.
13. Entries must be submitted by the named entrant (or their parent/guardian for children aged 16 or under) and will be invalid if found to come from a third party. Multiple entries from a single source (e.g 'competition entry' website/company) will be disqualified.
14. For name/county of prize winner, please send a stamped addressed envelope marked The Book Depository, Thames Central, Hatfield Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 1QE. No entries should be sent to this address.
15. Entry to the competition is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions.
17. The Promoters have organised these prize draws in good faith and do not accept liability relating to the prize.
CommentsShowing 151 to 175 of 183 results
Showing 151 to 175 of 183 results
- SharaLee Podolecki
I'm having a little girl, my first child, due January 1st, 2014, and this would be the perfect package to read with her as she grows up!!!
- Posted Thu, 03 Oct 2013 19:07
- Nigel West
- Posted Thu, 03 Oct 2013 18:57
Oh this prize is so great. Working in a school I can think of lots of children that would love a prize for reading!
- Posted Thu, 03 Oct 2013 18:55
- Mrs Loraine Bound
What a great prize! It would be absolutely wonderful to win it.
- Posted Thu, 03 Oct 2013 18:49
- Celine Gardier
awesome give away! Downloading the sheet right away :D it's so cute
- Posted Thu, 03 Oct 2013 18:47
Would love to share the books with the underprivileged children and ignite their interests in reading good English books. Thanks
- Posted Thu, 03 Oct 2013 18:43
- Margaret Duncan
This would be a welcome addition to the library we have built in my sons primary school....we are always after new books.
- Posted Thu, 03 Oct 2013 18:41
- Linsey Kavanagh
ooohhh, i would go without food to buy my kids books! so important to encourage reading! Would love to win!
- Posted Thu, 03 Oct 2013 18:30
- Mrs Anne Butson
Our four year old grand-daughter is now living in France. So very important that she continues to read English. These are the best books for the job.
- Posted Thu, 03 Oct 2013 18:15
- Alan Brown
It would be a very nice prize to with friends and family.
- Posted Thu, 03 Oct 2013 18:12
- david hamilton
two teachers & six grandchildren = one pleased family
- Posted Thu, 03 Oct 2013 18:10
- J E N Harris
I am currently teaching English to young children, here in Ukraine. They are so keen to learn English and I cannot wait to see the excitement in their eyes, if I were lucky enough to win and read to them, from such lovely books.
- Posted Thu, 03 Oct 2013 17:52
- lorraine finney
My three children were brought up on Usbourne Books and now they have families of their own I would love my Grandchildren to have that same happy experience that their parents enjoyed and hopefully their children one day :D Superb Books :D
- Posted Thu, 03 Oct 2013 17:44
Both my boys love reading!!! To win this would make me so happy and also my boys !!!!ðY~f
- Posted Thu, 03 Oct 2013 17:36
- DONNA Wilkes
Yay to usborne day!
- Posted Thu, 03 Oct 2013 17:33
- Don Iorio Farrell
I'd love to win as my children & I love books!
- Posted Thu, 03 Oct 2013 17:30
- Stella Armour
with grandchildren of all ages i would to win this competition..
- Posted Thu, 03 Oct 2013 17:29
- Catherine Southwick
What a wonderful prize. My daughter loves books and has several Usborne books already in her collection. Good luck to everyone entered.
- Posted Thu, 03 Oct 2013 17:08
- Amanda Nelson
This is an amazing prize to give away! My favorite thing is to read to my little boy! Fingers crossed too! :)
- Posted Thu, 03 Oct 2013 17:03
- Irina Marin
We hope will win. We have 2 daughters which love to read children stories
- Posted Thu, 03 Oct 2013 16:46
- Wendy Glassby
You gotta be in it to win it and what a lovely prize.
- Posted Thu, 03 Oct 2013 16:18
- Kate Boileau
Would be great to win - I know two small people who would love the books!
- Posted Thu, 03 Oct 2013 16:11
- Ioana Chircev
I hope I win !
- Posted Thu, 03 Oct 2013 15:54
- Margaret Hughes
Ooh we'd love to win some Usborne Books
- Posted Thu, 03 Oct 2013 15:42
- Ray Smith
Rest assured that Usborne models are made for model families. So, on Usborne Day just take the test.... Their models are by far the best!
- Posted Thu, 03 Oct 2013 15:14
Write a Comment
- 1. No purchase necessary. Proof of entering is not proof of receipt of entry.
- Book Depository Team
- Adam Spinach View posts >
- Anna Content Manager View posts >
- Noriko Tsuchiya Author View posts >
- Eric Admin View posts >
- Ben Elliss Head of IT View posts >
View more team members >
- Admin The Book Depository View posts >
- Mr McPaws Poet and kitten View posts >
- Alice Hart Davis Author View posts >
- Sibella Court Author View posts >
- Gordon Grice Gordon Grice View posts >
- Barry Chicken House View posts >
- Hugh Aldersey Williams Author View posts >
- Mark Forsyth Author View posts >
- Stevo Senior Designer View posts >
- Thalia Guest blogger View posts >
- Jason Senior front end Dev View posts >
- Mark Content Manager View posts >
- Publisher Blogs
- Alma Books Bloggerel
- Continuum philosophy
- Faber's Thought Fox
- Harvard University Press Publicity
- Indiana University Press
- Jam Language Publishing
- North Atlantic Books
- View more publisher blog >