The Book Depository BlogRSS
- Showing 21 to 25 of 169 results
Wed, 31 Mar 2010 01:44
Nice video here:
Fri, 26 Mar 2010 06:10
In collaboration with our friends from Wiley (publishers of the fabulous For Dummies books) we decided to give away a superb Windows 7 Toshiba Netbook to the best photo we received of someone holding a For Dummies book and engaged in the activity that the Dummies book was helping them learn!
Well, we had some really amazing entries to the competition -- which you can see here on our Flickr account. But the clear favourite in the office, and thus our winner, is Karla B Rihtaršiš with her superb and hilarious take on Raising Chickens for Dummies!
Wed, 03 Mar 2010 10:06
We have a great new prize for you in our latest competition: you can win all seventy (yes, 70 -- see the full list here!) of the gorgeous, hardback Everyman editions of P.G. Wodehouse's matchless novels...
And how can you get your hands on this bumper set of witty brilliance? Well, I'd like you to email me at Editor AT bookdepository.co.uk with the subject line of "Ooh, a Wodehouse competition" (competition entries must be received by March 31st), including in your missive your full name and your physical address, with the answers to the following questions:
- a) Where does Lord Emsworth live?
- b) Who played Bertie Wooster in Granada Television's 1990s series of Jeeves and Wooster?
- c) Which bank did Wodehouse work for between 1900 and 1902?
Good luck! (And please, please, please don't leave the answers to the competition questions as comments on the blog -- I'll just have to delete them!)
Tue, 02 Mar 2010 05:43
Last month, I asked you to review your favourite book, post the review on our site, and then let me know it was there! You sent in some really fabulous book reviews -- thanks so much for them all.
My five favourite reviews were:
- Claudia Rispoli's review of Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout
- Judith Loriente's review of 1536: The Year That Changed Henry VIII by Suzannah Lipscomb
- Karen Wasson's review of My Family and Other Animals by Gerald Durrell
- Shabra Dowson's review of Zen Therapy: A Buddhist Approach to Psychotherapy by David Brazier
- Sholto Spradbury's review of The Manual of Detection by Jedediah Berry
What a brilliant set of reviews! I enjoyed them so much that I'm going to run a further, new book reviews competition this month as well...
Again, I just want you to review the last book that you've read -- and please, please make sure you post the review on the book's own detail page NOT just into the comments thread -- and then email me (with your full name and your address, and the link to the review on the site, at Editor AT bookdepository.co.uk) to let me know it is there (oh, and you can review as many as you like!)
Then, next month, I'll pick my five favourite reviews and send the reviewers a box of advanced copies. Good luck!
Posted by Mark
Tue, 02 Mar 2010 04:36
- Showing 21 to 25 of 169 results
- The Book Depository Team
- Anna Content Manager View posts >
- Adam Spinach View posts >
- Eric Admin View posts >
- Ben Elliss Head of IT View posts >
- Admin The Book Depository View posts >
View more team members >
- Mr McPaws Poet and kitten View posts >
- Alice Hart Davis Author View posts >
- Sibella Court Author View posts >
- Gordon Grice Gordon Grice View posts >
- Barry Chicken House View posts >
- Hugh Aldersey Williams Author View posts >
- Mark Forsyth Author View posts >
- Stevo Senior Designer View posts >
- Thalia Guest blogger View posts >
- Jason Senior front end Dev View posts >
- Mark Content Manager View posts >
- Publisher Blogs
- Alma Books Bloggerel
- Continuum philosophy
- Faber's Thought Fox
- Harvard University Press Publicity
- Indiana University Press
- Jam Language Publishing
- North Atlantic Books
- View more publisher blog >