Book Depository BlogRSS
- Showing 61 to 65 of 169 results
Tue, 05 May 2009 10:52
The art publisher Thames & Hudson is 60 years old this year:
Walter and Eva Neurath founded Thames & Hudson sixty years ago with the central objective of creating a programme of illustrated, non-fiction books that would educate, inform and entertain as a "museum without walls". Their mission has been overwhelmingly successful, and now you can find T&H's books in all the most far-flung corners of the globe.
To help celebrate Thames & Hudson's birthday we are having another competition. The twenty tricky questions are below. The winner will win a complete set of all 20 of Thames & Hudson's specially-jacketed Anniversary editions (worth £388). The set is a classic selection of some of Thames & Hudson's best-selling titles. Three runners up will receive a copy of the special hardback edition of the seminal T&H title Sensation: Young British Artists from the Saatchi Collection.
So, what are you waiting for? Just answer the following questions and send the answers to me in an email entitled "T and H quiz answers" to tandhquiz AT bookdepository.co.uk
- What medium is used to create the drawings within Henry Moore's Sheep sketchbook?
- Which short lived Artistic Movement (1905-1907) had the following artists as its leaders, Henri Matisse and Andre Derain?
- Which artist created the controversial work entitled The Physical Impossibility of Death in the Mind of Someone Living?
- What is the name of the colour the artist Yves Klein famously invented?
- Which city is the original Book of Kells kept?
- Which supermodel was nicknamed The Body?
- Where is the Famous Derek Jarman's Garden?
- Which Renaissance artist created the Fresco, The Last Judgement, in the Sistine Chapel?
- Which year was the Sensation exhibition first shown in london?
- In 2004, Zaha Hadid was the first woman to win which prestigous prize for architecture?
- What is the name of the great modern artist who created the work entitled Fountain out of an urinal?
- The Lovers' Whirlwind by William Blake is an illustration for which book in Dante's Divine Comedy?
- The author of the book Secret Knowledge also painted the famous A Bigger Splash, what is his name?
- Some of the world's greatest cave art can be found in the caves at Lascaux, but which country are they in?
- In which year was the London Eye completed?
- Where is Manolo Blahnik's flagship store?
- Which sportswear company was founded by Bill Bowerman and Philip Knight in 1972?
- Which band famously associated with Factory Records released Unknown Pleasures as their debut album?
- The first Proms concert was held at the Queen's Hall in Langham Palace but what year was it?
- Which British Graffiti Artist famously put one of their own works in the Britsh Museum's Roman Britain Collection?
The competition closes 12th June. The winners will be announced on the blog in the middle of June.
Oh, and please, please don't leave your answers as comments on the blog -- if you do, I'll just have to delete them!
Fri, 01 May 2009 07:15
Exciting news: we've launched an affiliates scheme!
So, erm, what is an affiliate scheme?
You can send people to us in a number of ways, including: links in your e-mails, a link on your blog, links in posts you make to your blog, Twitter account or via banners and buttons you can add to your site. For more advanced users we can also offer a tailored web feed of product links which you can request once you're signed up to the scheme.
So, what are you waiting for? Sign up today and start earning!
Thu, 23 Apr 2009 09:40
To celebrate our new website launch we asked our favourite authors and illustrators to design an exclusive bookmark to be sent out to our customers to thank you for your support, whilst raising money for a worthwhile cause.
We were absolutely thrilled with the results, with fantastic bookmarks from people as diverse as cartoonist Matt from The Daily Telegraph to Noel and Dave from the Mighty Boosh - take a look for yourself, you can see the full list of bookmarks at the bottom of this page.
From the 18th April we will be enclosing one of these exclusive, limited edition, Book Depository bookmarks with all orders from the site (whilst stocks last of course). There are 18 bookmarks to collect. If you have a favourite, or indeed want to collect all 18, you will need to get your orders in quick, as they are in limited supply.
And what's more, you also have the chance to own the original artwork! Starting on Thursday 23rd April (that's today folk) we will be auctioning off the signed originals on eBay (starting at 8pm), with all the monies raised being donated to Downsed International.
Wed, 22 Apr 2009 03:11
Great news: we now accept payment via PayPal.
So when you choose your books and then go to the checkout you have a choice of paying via American Express, Solo, Maestro, MasterCard, Visa Electron, Delta, Visa and now also PayPal. Yay!
Fri, 17 Apr 2009 02:18
The publisher Faber & Faber is 80 years old this year. Happy birthday Faber! To help celebrate their birthday, and our new look website, we had 15 copies of 15 Faber books to give away in our Faber competition.
We had an amazing response to our competition -- a big thank you to everyone who had a go.
I'm happy today, then, finally to announce that our winners are:
Jane Ashby, Nick Black, Lyn Bosomworth, Sophie Dawson, Turner Docherty, Christine Glyde, Evan Jones, Daniel Kellingley, Andrea Kirkby, Mark Langdale, Karen Michael-Cox, Don Prytherch-Williams, Thoss Shearer, Selina Ukwuoma and Karen Wenborn.
Congratulations to our winners: all your books will be with you very soon!
- Showing 61 to 65 of 169 results
- Book Depository Team
- Anna Content Manager View posts >
- Adam Spinach View posts >
- Noriko Tsuchiya Author View posts >
- Eric Admin View posts >
- Ben Elliss Head of IT View posts >
View more team members >
- Admin The Book Depository View posts >
- Mr McPaws Poet and kitten View posts >
- Alice Hart Davis Author View posts >
- Sibella Court Author View posts >
- Gordon Grice Gordon Grice View posts >
- Barry Chicken House View posts >
- Hugh Aldersey Williams Author View posts >
- Mark Forsyth Author View posts >
- Stevo Senior Designer View posts >
- Thalia Guest blogger View posts >
- Jason Senior front end Dev View posts >
- Mark Content Manager View posts >
- Publisher Blogs
- Alma Books Bloggerel
- Continuum philosophy
- Faber's Thought Fox
- Harvard University Press Publicity
- Indiana University Press
- Jam Language Publishing
- North Atlantic Books
- View more publisher blog >