The Book Depository BlogRSS
- Showing 1 to 3 of 3 results
Mon, 10 Sep 2012 13:23
The sickness destroyed everyone over the age of fourteen. All across London diseased adults are waiting, hungry predators with rotten flesh and ravaged minds. Small Sam and his unlikely ally, The Kid, have survived. They're safe with Ed and his friends at the Tower of London, but Sam is desperate to find his sister. Their search for Ella means Sam and The Kid must cross the forbidden zone. And what awaits them there is more terrifying than any of the horror they've suffered so far ...
Mon, 02 Jul 2012 14:23
You've never seen tarot cards quite like these. Imagine the celebrated "Rider Deck" infused with the horrors of Night of the Living Dead, and the result is The Zombie Tarot-a crazy, campy interpretation of a classic divination system.
In this zombified parallel universe, wands become limbs, pentacles are biohazard symbols, and the Major Arcana is full of shambling corpses. Along with the 78-card deck, readers will receive instructions in a 96-page full-color book; its contents explain how to survive the zombie apocalypse and forecast your future using one of three different card layouts.
The secrets of The Zombie Tarot await you!
Fri, 09 Dec 2011 10:21
Surely no one is more qualified to help than Book Wizard, Barry Cunningham - the original publisher of Harry Potter. He has worked with some of the greatest names in children's books past and present - from J.K. Rowling to Roald Dahl and Cornelia Funke. And now, as the highly successful publisher of Chicken House, he is busy finding outstanding new fiction.
Every month he'll talk book magic: pick a favourite story - and link it to another lesser-known book that keen young readers will also enjoy!
"Some of my favourite authors have loved scary stories - I remember Roald Dahl telling me even more terrifying versions of his Tales of the Unexpected stories in the back of his car while coming back late on tour for Penguin Books. There's something about snow and wintertime that makes cosying up with a terrifying but comforting story even more fun! So if you've got older children or younger teens who love the frighteners in movies and books, then they - and you - will adore Kirsty McKay's UNDEAD, where zombies really make a meal of the school trip. And if you find yourself hiding under the covers, why not check out Kirsty's top tips to help you survive the zombie apocalypse..."
'Fast, furious, freaky, funny...' CHARLIE HIGSON, author of The Enemy
'Twilighters will love it... hysterically funny, suspenseful and altogether superior fare.' Amanda Craig, The Times
- Showing 1 to 3 of 3 results
- The Book Depository Team
- Anna Content Manager View posts >
- Eric Admin View posts >
- Adam Spinach View posts >
- Ben Elliss Head of IT View posts >
- Admin The Book Depository View posts >
View more team members >
- Mr McPaws Poet and kitten View posts >
- Alice Hart Davis Author View posts >
- Sibella Court Author View posts >
- Gordon Grice Gordon Grice View posts >
- Kieron MD The Book Depository View posts >
- Barry Chicken House View posts >
- Hugh Aldersey Williams Author View posts >
- Mark Forsyth Author View posts >
- Stevo Senior Designer View posts >
- Thalia Guest blogger View posts >
- Jason Senior front end Dev View posts >
- Will IT Director View posts >
- Mark Content Manager View posts >
- Publisher Blogs
- Alma Books Bloggerel
- Continuum philosophy
- Faber's Thought Fox
- Harvard University Press Publicity
- Indiana University Press
- Jam Language Publishing
- North Atlantic Books
- View more publisher blog >