Book Depository BlogRSS
- Showing 1 to 3 of 3 results
Wed, 21 Mar 2012 15:16
Worldwide it is estimated that 5.8m people have Down syndrome, the condition which gives people an extra chromosome 21 (so there are three rather than two). Today is World Down Syndrome Day (21/3) which sees many events around the world and a UN conference. The Book Depository has been proud to support (we've had book auctions, sponsored bookmarks and other fun stuff) Down Syndrome Education International - a charity which works in many countries helping children with Down syndrome with reading skills.
You can find out more about Down Syndrome here.
Wed, 01 Jun 2011 10:30
Over the years, The Book Depository has brought out three different sets of bookmarks to give away with orders. Some of you may even have been lucky enough to have collected the whole set at the time.
As a way of raising money for our charity - Downsed we thought it would be nice to gather a few sets and auction them off on eBay. We had a hunt and scrabbled around down the back of the office sofa and found one complete set each of our three lots of bookmarks:
Limited edition bookmarks. To celebrate the website launch we asked our favourite authors and illustrators to design an exclusive bookmark to be sent out to our customers to thank you for your support. Bid on the set here.
Bookmarks Competition. We asked our customers all over the world to show us their artistic talents - and tell us a little about themselves too. They did so in their hundreds, we had fantastic entries from all over the world. In fact we received so many great entries that we failed to choose just ten, and have selected 20 winners instead. The winners were from ten countries and aged between 8 and 55. Bid on this set here.
Happy bidding and let's hope we raise a bit for charity.
Wed, 01 Dec 2010 09:19
We're very pleased to announce that we have managed to lay our hands on some fantastic signed and limited edition books.
During December we are going to be auctioning these on eBay to raise money for Down Syndrome Education International, which works around the world with children with Down syndrome to promote early reading and educational research.
What could be better than getting hold of a great and unique present and also raising money for a good cause at the same time!
Includes books signed by Ian Rankin, Barry Humphries, Dave Eggers, Sebastian Faulks, Dennis Lehane, Charles Elton, Neal Stephenson and many more, so head on over to the auction here and get bidding!
- Showing 1 to 3 of 3 results
- Book Depository Team
- Adam Spinach View posts >
- Anna Content Manager View posts >
- Noriko Tsuchiya Author View posts >
- Eric Admin View posts >
- Ben Elliss Head of IT View posts >
View more team members >
- Admin The Book Depository View posts >
- Mr McPaws Poet and kitten View posts >
- Alice Hart Davis Author View posts >
- Sibella Court Author View posts >
- Gordon Grice Gordon Grice View posts >
- Barry Chicken House View posts >
- Hugh Aldersey Williams Author View posts >
- Mark Forsyth Author View posts >
- Stevo Senior Designer View posts >
- Thalia Guest blogger View posts >
- Jason Senior front end Dev View posts >
- Mark Content Manager View posts >
- Publisher Blogs
- Alma Books Bloggerel
- Continuum philosophy
- Faber's Thought Fox
- Harvard University Press Publicity
- Indiana University Press
- Jam Language Publishing
- North Atlantic Books
- View more publisher blog >