Book Depository BlogRSS
- Showing 1 to 2 of 2 results
Thu, 06 Jan 2011 10:31
The Costa Book Awards shortlist winners have been announced:
First Novel Award - Witness the Night by Kishwar Desai In a small town in the heart of India, a young girl is found tied to a bed inside a townhouse where thirteen people lie dead. The girl is alive, but she has been beaten and abused. She is held in the local prison, awaiting interrogation for the murders she is believed by the local people to have committed.
Novel Award - The Hand That First Held Mine by Maggie O'Farrell A gorgeously written story of love and motherhood, this is a tour de force from one of our best loved novelists.
Poetry Award - Of Mutability by Jo Shapcott Offers a collection of poems that explores the nature of change - in the body and the natural world, and in the shifting relationships between people.
Children's Book Award - Out of Shadows by Jason Wallace Zimbabwe, 1980s The war is over, independence has been won and Robert Mugabe has come to power offering hope, land and freedom to black Africans. It is the end of the Old Way and the start of a promising new era. For Robert Jacklin, it's all new: new continent, new country, new school.
Biography Award - The Hare With Amber Eyes by Edmund De Waal A memoir that traces the network of a remarkable family against the backdrop of a tumultuous century. It tells the story of a unique collection which passed from hand to hand - and which, in a twist of fate, found its way home to Japan.
The double espresso, skinny, mocha-latte, vanilla winner of winners is announced on Tuesday 25th January 2011...
Tue, 10 Aug 2010 06:2116 books are left in contention for the 2010 Financial Times and Goldman Sachs Business Book of the Year Award.
The longlist for the award which has just been announced includes several volumes examining how the bankers stole your money, how certain social websites want to steal your identity, how hedge funders want to steal your grandmother's money, how supermarkets want to steal your sanity and a novel about a man who wants it all. Everything. Every last drop. Probably.
The winner is announced on October 27th in New York, will receive 30,000 pounds and promptly stash the cash under the mattress.
But seriously, this is a great list that illuminates the extraordinary and complex world of international finance as well as the mundane yet vitally important details of our day to day lives. Work your way through the list here
- Showing 1 to 2 of 2 results
- Book Depository Team
- Adam Spinach View posts >
- Noriko Tsuchiya Author View posts >
- Anna Content Manager View posts >
- Eric Admin View posts >
- Ben Elliss Head of IT View posts >
View more team members >
- Admin The Book Depository View posts >
- Mr McPaws Poet and kitten View posts >
- Alice Hart Davis Author View posts >
- Sibella Court Author View posts >
- Gordon Grice Gordon Grice View posts >
- Barry Chicken House View posts >
- Hugh Aldersey Williams Author View posts >
- Mark Forsyth Author View posts >
- Stevo Senior Designer View posts >
- Thalia Guest blogger View posts >
- Jason Senior front end Dev View posts >
- Mark Content Manager View posts >
- Publisher Blogs
- Alma Books Bloggerel
- Continuum philosophy
- Faber's Thought Fox
- Harvard University Press Publicity
- Indiana University Press
- Jam Language Publishing
- North Atlantic Books
- View more publisher blog >