Book Depository BlogRSS
- Showing 1 to 1 of 1 results
Mon, 08 Feb 2010 06:21
Each Monday, here on Editor's Corner, I run through the latest issue of the Bookseller magazine and pick out the bits and pieces of book industry news that catch my eye.
This quick round-up of book stuff is mainly culled from the Bookseller magazine (Friday February 5th issue):
- the world's biggest publishers "look set to follow Macmillan US' lead in demanding changes to how Amazon sells and prices e-books, after what was described by one senior UK publishing executive as a 'very significant week and genuinely a very good week for book publishers, authors and readers... Apple's iPad is a big opportunity for the market to sell e-books at sensible prices to a growing market..."
- Apple "will begin shipping the wi-fi models of the iPad from March with the 3G version following in April..."
- independent numbers "dwindled last year with almost two shops closing a week a Booksellers Association figures revealing the biggest net closure since 2004..."
- Book Tokens chairman Willie Anderson "has hit back at criticism by independent booksellers about the new electronic gift card (EGC)"
- travel bookseller Stanfords is "looking to focus on 'customer lifestyle' in a bid to reverse falling profits and sales..."
- BBC presenter "economist and journalist Evan Davies is to chair the BBC Samuel Johnson Prize for Non-Fiction as the £20,000 award reaches its 12th anniversary..."
- Oxford University Press "has given its dictionaries a digital boost, offering individual customers and institutions an additional online package with any purchase from its 40-strong range..."
- Random House "imprint Yellow Jersey has dominated this year's British Sports Book Awards picking up eight nominations..."
- the government's stance "on the revised Google Settlement has been heavily criticised by authors, with novelist Nick Harkaway calling it 'a statement of crawling weakness'..."
- HarperCollins UK "has increased profit during its second quarter although the recession has continued to hit sales..."
Posted by Mark
- Showing 1 to 1 of 1 results
- Book Depository Team
- Anna Content Manager View posts >
- Adam Spinach View posts >
- Noriko Tsuchiya Author View posts >
- Eric Admin View posts >
- Ben Elliss Head of IT View posts >
View more team members >
- Admin The Book Depository View posts >
- Mr McPaws Poet and kitten View posts >
- Alice Hart Davis Author View posts >
- Sibella Court Author View posts >
- Gordon Grice Gordon Grice View posts >
- Barry Chicken House View posts >
- Hugh Aldersey Williams Author View posts >
- Mark Forsyth Author View posts >
- Stevo Senior Designer View posts >
- Thalia Guest blogger View posts >
- Jason Senior front end Dev View posts >
- Mark Content Manager View posts >
- Publisher Blogs
- Alma Books Bloggerel
- Continuum philosophy
- Faber's Thought Fox
- Harvard University Press Publicity
- Indiana University Press
- Jam Language Publishing
- North Atlantic Books
- View more publisher blog >