The Book Depository BlogRSS
- Showing 1 to 1 of 1 results
Tue, 05 Jan 2010 01:46
Crombie Jardine are a small company that tries to catch the latest trends in the media with books such as Twitter: A Pocket Guide. Many of their titles are aimed at a young market (e.g. 101 Things To Do At University), although they have been developing a gift range for the older market (e.g. Stumped! The World's Funniest Cricket Quotes) and have a Scottish list which is aimed at tourists (e.g. No' Rabbie Burns).
The Book Depository: What/who do you see as your primary market?
Crombie Jardine: Most of our books are aimed at impulse buyers aged between 13 and 45; anyone looking for a fun, inexpensive book as a gift or for themselves.
The Book Depository: What are the principal challenges/opportunities you see at the moment in the business of publishing books?
Crombie Jardine: Publishing topical, fun books that interest a wide range of customers can be a tricky business. Having our gift and humour titles compete with all the others on the market, especially in the run-up to Christmas, is certainly a challenge -- one that keeps us on our toes!
The Book Depository: What brings you to the decision to publish a particular title/author?
Crombie Jardine: Good content, with a strong catchy title. It is often a title idea that will start the ball rolling and as we compile many of the books ourselves in-house, it is then just a question of whether we consider the content to be strong enough to publish.
The Book Depository: What books are you most proud of having published?
Crombie Jardine: We are most proud of The Little Book of Chavs because it was our first title and a bestseller. We managed to write this quickly and publish it just at the right time, when the term 'chav' was just beginning to become known; 'The World's Funniest Range' (Laws, Puns, Proverbs, Cricket Quotes); the Sudoku puzzle books; and our Scottish list.
The Book Depository: What books are you working on right now?
- Showing 1 to 1 of 1 results
- The Book Depository Team
- Anna Content Manager View posts >
- Adam Spinach View posts >
- Eric Admin View posts >
- Ben Elliss Head of IT View posts >
- Admin The Book Depository View posts >
View more team members >
- Mr McPaws Poet and kitten View posts >
- Alice Hart Davis Author View posts >
- Sibella Court Author View posts >
- Gordon Grice Gordon Grice View posts >
- Kieron MD The Book Depository View posts >
- Barry Chicken House View posts >
- Hugh Aldersey Williams Author View posts >
- Mark Forsyth Author View posts >
- Stevo Senior Designer View posts >
- Thalia Guest blogger View posts >
- Jason Senior front end Dev View posts >
- Will IT Director View posts >
- Mark Content Manager View posts >
- Publisher Blogs
- Alma Books Bloggerel
- Continuum philosophy
- Faber's Thought Fox
- Harvard University Press Publicity
- Indiana University Press
- Jam Language Publishing
- North Atlantic Books
- View more publisher blog >