The Book Depository CompetitionsRSS
Mon, 03 Sep 2012 10:26
With more than 250 million books in print and more than 1800 titles, For Dummies are the most widely recognised and bestselling reference books in the world. Since 1991, For Dummies has helped millions make everything easier - so whether you want to excel at writing essays, become a whirlwind in the kitchen or get great at the guitar, look no further!
For Dummies have offered a great competition with these great prizes:
One lucky winner will win a fantastic 4 person VW Camper van tent and a Dummies BTU bundle of five books featuring:
- Student Cookbook For Dummies
- University Study Skills For Dummies
- Office 2010 eLearning Kit For Dummies
- Flirting For Dummies
- Plus one other Dummies book of each winner's choosing from this For Dummies promotion.
Five runners up will also win the above Dummies BTU bundles of five books!!
Not only that but For Dummies have also given this mini student guide to download for free! Lots of top tips for newbies and old hands alike.
Competition entries by Mon 8th October please.
Update -- winners: 1st: Caroline Hewlett Runners-up: Benjamin Bruisten, G M Clark, Eliza Hui, Petr Pribyla, Michelle Kotynski
Competition now closed
Posted by Adam
Fo Dummies tent
- 1. No purchase necessary. Proof of entering is not proof of receipt of entry.
2. To be eligible, entries must be received on or before the competition closing date. All entries shall become the property of The Book Depository, and their directors, officers, representatives, advertising and promotional agencies are not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
3. The competition is open to all. Parents/guardians must submit the entry for those under the age of 16. Images must not contain photographs of minors.
4. The prize winner will be decided by The Book Depository. The Book Depository will not enter into correspondence about the choice of winner.
5. The competition ends as specified on the competition page -- no entry received after that time will be considered. The winner will be announced as specified on the competition page. There is one prize
6. The promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the prize or offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
7. The prize winner will be notified by telephone/email. If the selected entrant does not meet all of the contract conditions, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
8. The competitions are not open to employees of The Book Depository and their sponsors or their immediate families.
9. By entering the contest, entrants, consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph and/or image for publicity purposes in all media carried out by The Book Depository, without payment or compensation.
10. The decisions of the contest judges are final. The prize must be accepted as awarded.
11. The right is reserved to terminate or withdraw this contest at any time.
12. All entries become the property of The Book Depository, who assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for any failure of the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by The Book Depository on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. The Book Depository reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the email portion of this contest should a virus or bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of The Book Depository corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, The Book Depository reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered within any way. Entrants agree to abide by the Contest Rules and the decisions of the independent judging panel, which are final.
13. Entries must be submitted by the named entrant (or their parent/guardian for children aged 16 or under) and will be invalid if found to come from a third party. Multiple entries from a single source (e.g 'competition entry' website/company) will be disqualified.
14. For name/county of prize winner, please send a stamped addressed envelope marked The Book Depository, Royal Albert House, Sheet Street, Windsor, SL4 1BE. No entries should be sent to this address.
15. Entry to the competition is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions.
17. The Promoters have organised these prize draws in good faith and do not accept liability relating to the prize.
CommentsShowing 1 to 25 of 155 results
Showing 1 to 25 of 155 results
- Lynn Fancy
I saw this tent at a festival this year and they are amazing!! Great competition
- Posted Mon, 08 Oct 2012 23:39 Mark as unsuitable? Under review
- Myrna Kasick
Wine for Dummies!
- Posted Mon, 08 Oct 2012 23:07 Mark as unsuitable? Under review
- Kelly Plehn
sweet tent, love the "For Dummies" books
- Posted Mon, 08 Oct 2012 22:29 Mark as unsuitable? Under review
- Timothy Sternberg
I would read cooking for dummies.
- Posted Mon, 08 Oct 2012 17:00 Mark as unsuitable? Under review
- Angela Batton
love the van tent....I would read cooking for dummies
- Posted Mon, 08 Oct 2012 14:41 Mark as unsuitable? Under review
- Caley McPherson
I am a student, and I love to read. I've been buying books from the Book Depository recently as a reward for getting through each one of my year eleven exams, and I'm loving how I can get the titles I want for half the prices they are on the shelves. It's really expanded my reading horizons as well-you have a customer for life with me, I'm afraid! :) These books would no doubt be very helpful in a couple of years starting University at ANU as I plan to, especially the flirting one! ;)
- Posted Sun, 07 Oct 2012 09:01 Mark as unsuitable? Under review
- Ms Casey Tremain
Dummies books are great and as I am going to university next year at the ripe old age of 53 these will be extremely useful and very well read!
- Posted Sat, 06 Oct 2012 13:04 Mark as unsuitable? Under review
- Rhoma Hale
Australia is a vast country - Ahhh..A Camper and lots of books - I wish...Thomas & Rho
- Posted Thu, 04 Oct 2012 21:51 Mark as unsuitable? Under review
- Dr Louise Phillips artwithmeaning.info
Love the dummies books. Would like to write a dummies book. Hope I win, so I can learn some more. ARTWITHMEANING.info Dr Louise Phillips (Australian family doctor, artist, writer and educator). Also on Linked in, Twitter, my blog and Facebook.
- Posted Thu, 04 Oct 2012 21:03 Mark as unsuitable? Under review
- Dr Louise Phillips artwithmeaning.info
I love the DUMMIES books. I have taught myself to use social media via Facebook for dummies and computers using MAC for dummies. I am hoping to reach the masses using social media and my modern history curriculum for Dummies...or rather those very smart people who understand the LESS is MORE and a picture speaks a thousand words. My website ARTWITHMEANING.info explains my philosophy. Help me go global and viral. Using pictures of toys and very few words, I would like to spark a peaceful intellectual revolution around the world, for those brilliant people who have low levels of literacy including refugees, children and 3rd world citizens. Cheers Dr Louise Phillips (Australian family doctor, artist, writer and educator)
- Posted Thu, 04 Oct 2012 20:56 Mark as unsuitable? Under review
- Jaime A. Geraldi
That VW would look great on the beach!
- Posted Wed, 03 Oct 2012 18:58 Mark as unsuitable? Under review
luv the bug!
- Posted Wed, 03 Oct 2012 17:39 Mark as unsuitable? Under review
- Janet Simpson
I know my son would love the tent for himself wife & daughter. Never know I might manage to persuade him to return to uni.
- Posted Mon, 01 Oct 2012 11:58 Mark as unsuitable? Under review
- Stuart Sheehy
love the tent
- Posted Sat, 29 Sep 2012 20:19 Mark as unsuitable? Under review
- beatrix skane
Good Luck Everyone
- Posted Wed, 26 Sep 2012 07:07 Mark as unsuitable? Under review
- Jack Stanley Crompton
My wife and I had a series of these vans up until the 1990s. The tent will bring back memories as we snuggle inside, in bed, in the lounge, in front of our log fire.
- Posted Tue, 25 Sep 2012 16:17 Mark as unsuitable? Under review
- Katarina Sabino
that's sooooo me!!!!!!!!
- Posted Fri, 21 Sep 2012 17:44 Mark as unsuitable? Under review
Hello guys, I am in Australia and I sell those VW Camper Tents online, so if you do not win one, you are welcome to purchase that amazing VW camper tent from my online store: www.cybercoffee.com.au Good Luck!
- Posted Thu, 20 Sep 2012 03:15 Mark as unsuitable? Under review
wowee if I win this I will have to get the campervan to match!
- Posted Thu, 20 Sep 2012 02:53 Mark as unsuitable? Under review
- carole denney
i would love this so i can camp in the garden with my 9 yr old boy,would remind me of my childhood with my 5 brothers and sisters
- Posted Wed, 19 Sep 2012 14:28 Under review
- Susie Beaver
My father-in-law is the biggest VW/Kombi fan (in fact I think his is the same model as the tent) and goes camping every summer. I'd be the favourite daughter-in-law if I won this for his Christmas present.
- Posted Wed, 19 Sep 2012 06:06 Under review
- Jen Pearson
Best tent ever!! Would go great with the touring jeep we are looking to get :) Whoever wins will be stoked!
- Posted Wed, 19 Sep 2012 04:56 Mark as unsuitable? Under review
- Robert Carter
Ah , The first combie came out when I was young. My son-in-law met my daughter driving one of these, complete with surf-board - fond memories! I'd love to give them a tent like this!!
- Posted Tue, 18 Sep 2012 23:33 Under review
- Vlad Anghene
absolutely hype !! best contest eva!
- Posted Tue, 18 Sep 2012 12:38 Under review
- Ann Doris MacLean
A Starling flew over my head as I waited for a bus today and pooed on my head!!!!!!!!!!!! it had been eating elderberries so a big purple blob had to be cleaned off with a baby wipe as I never had time to go back home. Is'nt that supposed to be lucky lol
- Posted Mon, 17 Sep 2012 19:09 Mark as unsuitable? Under review
Write a Comment
- Competitions ending soon
- Win a Canon IXUS digital camera from Insight Guides Prize: Canon IXUS digital camera This competition finishes in 9 days (10pm - Mon 27 May) View details & enter >
- Win lovely editions of classic sci-fi and fantasy novels Prize: classic sci-fi and fantasy novels This competition finishes in 9 days (10pm - Mon 27 May) View details & enter >
- Take our literary food quiz and win a KitchenAid stand mixer Prize: KitchenAid stand mixer This competition finishes in 5 days (10pm - Thu 23 May) View details & enter >
- Heroes & villains -- share your children's favourites Marnie Offord
- Win a Capstone Personal Development Library Manuel Rebello de Andrade
- Win Angry Birds Star Wars™ goodies Miguel Angel Varas Romeral
- Win beautiful Collector's Library editions Therese Aroyan, Liz Keener
- Win MasterChef goodies Lora Lasschuit, Ante Strikic, Sandra Douglas, Aidan Boreland, Nirushi Thotagamuwa