Book Depository CompetitionsRSS
Mon, 17 Feb 2014 11:37
The Complete Asian Cookbook Series finds its origin in Charmaine Solomon's groundbreaking work into the delicious and diverse cuisines across fifteen Asian countries. Heralded as a classic when it was first published in 1976, the influential and iconic The Complete Asian Cookbook covers 800 traditional and contemporary dishes from many nations. For the first time, it has been divided into geographical regions in a beautifully crafted series, with the first three of the series being published this February: India & Pakistan; Indonesia, Malyasia & Singapore and Japan & Korea.
Written with the home cook in mind, Charmaine's recipes are authentic but simple to follow and work every time. With so many mouthwatering Asian recipes at your fingertips, you'll be desperate to head into the kitchen and give some of them a go! So Hardie Grant Books have teamed up with Kitchen Craft to ensure that you have everything you need in the kitchen to become a whiz at cooking delicious, flavoursome Asian food.
Bringing a touch of Asia in to the home, Kitchen Craft’s World of Flavours Oriental range brings a fusion of flavours from Asia-Pacific. With a beautiful crisp white design and delicate pink and blue flowers the Oriental collection puts Thai, Japanese, Malaysian, Vietnamese and Chinese dishes on the menu. Made from hard-wearing porcelain, the World of Flavours collection has everything you need to cook, prepare and serve delicious oriental cuisines at home. The range includes dip bowls, serving sets, bamboo steamers, sushi makers, woks and chopsticks, allowing you to create a truly authentic atmosphere whatever the occasion.
Now, it's your chance to win these great books plus an amazing selection of cooking goodies from Kitchen Craft:
- Serving Set
- Set of 4 Dip Bowls
- Chopstick Set
- Iron sizzle platter
- Medium Two Tier Bamboo Steamer and Lid
- Medium Dim Sum Non-Stick Papers
- Carbon Steel 35cm Non-Stick Wok
- Sushi Maker
Just answer the simple question below to be in with a chance to win. Competition closes 17th March 2014.
UPDATE -- winner: Francisco Borges
Competition now closed
Posted by Adam
- 1. No purchase necessary. Proof of entering is not proof of receipt of entry.
2. To be eligible, entries must be received on or before the competition closing date. All entries shall become the property of The Book Depository, and their directors, officers, representatives, advertising and promotional agencies are not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
3. The competition is open to all excluding residents of Italy. Parents/guardians must submit the entry for those under the age of 16. Images must not contain photographs of minors without an adult's consent.
4. The prize winner will be decided by The Book Depository. The Book Depository will not enter into correspondence about the choice of winner.
5. The competition ends as specified on the competition page -- no entry received after that time will be considered. The winner will be announced as specified on the competition page. There is one prize
6. The promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the prize or offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
7. The prize winner will be notified by telephone/email. If the selected entrant does not meet all of the contract conditions, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
8. The competitions are not open to employees of The Book Depository and their sponsors or their immediate families.
9. By entering the contest, entrants, consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph and/or image for publicity purposes in all media carried out by The Book Depository, without payment or compensation.
10. The decisions of the contest judges are final. The prize must be accepted as awarded.
11. The right is reserved to terminate or withdraw this contest at any time.
12. All entries become the property of The Book Depository, who assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for any failure of the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by The Book Depository on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. The Book Depository reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the email portion of this contest should a virus or bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of The Book Depository corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, The Book Depository reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered within any way. Entrants agree to abide by the Contest Rules and the decisions of the independent judging panel, which are final.
13. Entries must be submitted by the named entrant (or their parent/guardian for children aged 16 or under) and will be invalid if found to come from a third party. Multiple entries from a single source (e.g 'competition entry' website/company) will be disqualified.
14. For name/county of prize winner, please send a stamped addressed envelope marked The Book Depository, Thames Central, Hatfield Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 1QE. No entries should be sent to this address.
15. Entry to the competition is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions.
17. The Promoters have organised these prize draws in good faith and do not accept liability relating to the prize.
CommentsShowing 151 to 175 of 192 results
Showing 151 to 175 of 192 results
Yum yum I'd just enjoy looking at the pictures for a loooong long time
- Posted Thu, 27 Feb 2014 22:38
- Lorraine Flanagan
Great competition fingers crossed
- Posted Wed, 26 Feb 2014 21:06
This is SO Awesome!! My fingers and toes are crossed :) I'm a big fan of cookbooks...
- Posted Wed, 26 Feb 2014 05:44
- claire murden
Looks absolutely amazing. Fingers crossed
- Posted Wed, 26 Feb 2014 02:03
- Andy Kadir-Buxton
My wife's hobby is cooking And spends hours at a time making a nice hot curry served with a squeeze of lime
- Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 15:10
- S.K. Jongsma
This is an amazing prize, so to whomever win, congratulations!
- Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 03:18
- Rosana Hochstrasser
Have always enjoyed buying from The Book Depository. Great buys.
- Posted Mon, 24 Feb 2014 05:41
Wow I would love to have those
- Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 19:31
- Nick Charlton
I cannot get enough of asian food! This would be just lovely
- Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 16:59
- Tamara Sorensen-Yager
I love to eat and cook Asian food.and would love to win this. Thanks
- Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 02:29
- Ingrid Delamarre
My husband loves cooking (I love eating his food ). I would love to win this for him as I know how much he would enjoy trying out new recipes .
- Posted Sat, 22 Feb 2014 17:50
- Tamara Ackley
My husband and I love to eat Korean, Japanese, Vietnamese, and Chinese food! So I think this is an Awesome Prize! We spend time in the Asian food stores picking out new things to try too! I would love this! Thanks for the opportunity!
- Posted Sat, 22 Feb 2014 16:26
- Mariska Joan Schouten
I would really love to win this, as I thought of buying them, but did not have the money :(
- Posted Sat, 22 Feb 2014 12:34
- Dawn Henson
Great Competition - I love Asian Food
- Posted Sat, 22 Feb 2014 06:27
- Chis Danut Ioan
This is great!!!
- Posted Fri, 21 Feb 2014 16:22
love asian food and cooking. Usually so quick and healthy. Having these kitchen tools would sure make preparing dishes alot easier and fun.
- Posted Fri, 21 Feb 2014 15:10
- Jane Bridgeman
I would LOVE to win this Cook Book as i Love Asian food
- Posted Fri, 21 Feb 2014 11:27
è«<æŽ¥æ^' ç§ã''é¸ã'"ã§ãã ã ã" xin vui lÃ²ng Ä'Ã³n tÃ´i à¹'à¸>à¸£à¸"à¸£à¸±à¸šà¸‰à¸±à¸™ sila memilih saya
- Posted Fri, 21 Feb 2014 09:19
- Bev Thomas
Love cooking, would make a wonderful addition to my recipe book shelf :)
- Posted Fri, 21 Feb 2014 08:37
- Megan James
Wow this site is so amazing! Only recently found it through recommendation, will be getting it out to my friends
- Posted Fri, 21 Feb 2014 04:03
We love Asian food - what a great way to learn more Asian recipes - we eat Sushi once or twice a week + we've learned how to make it ourselves
- Posted Fri, 21 Feb 2014 02:48
- Al Busby
I would be extra happy if I won this.
- Posted Thu, 20 Feb 2014 22:37
- sadia shaikh
awesome thanks for the chance:)
- Posted Thu, 20 Feb 2014 21:51
- Kimberly Taylor
I have never had much luck cooking Asian food and sure believe this entire prize package will serve me and my entire family many great Asian recipes in the years to come! YUM! :)
- Posted Thu, 20 Feb 2014 18:41
- Susan Ladd
Thanks for this awesome sweep :)
- Posted Thu, 20 Feb 2014 17:09
Write a Comment
- Competitions ending soon
- Win Stories That Last a Lifetime Colette Dully
- Win awesome Batman statues and graphic novels Vasilis Giannopoulos
- Win signed editions of top adult fiction Valeria Basto
- Win bags of gruesome delights with The Sick Rose Marija Bliznac, Evelina Landin Dillner, Andrew Tomlinson
- Win 100 Ideas Meike Zane, Lilla Garayova, Pierre Eymery