Book Depository CompetitionsRSS
Mon, 17 Feb 2014 11:37
The Complete Asian Cookbook Series finds its origin in Charmaine Solomon's groundbreaking work into the delicious and diverse cuisines across fifteen Asian countries. Heralded as a classic when it was first published in 1976, the influential and iconic The Complete Asian Cookbook covers 800 traditional and contemporary dishes from many nations. For the first time, it has been divided into geographical regions in a beautifully crafted series, with the first three of the series being published this February: India & Pakistan; Indonesia, Malyasia & Singapore and Japan & Korea.
Written with the home cook in mind, Charmaine's recipes are authentic but simple to follow and work every time. With so many mouthwatering Asian recipes at your fingertips, you'll be desperate to head into the kitchen and give some of them a go! So Hardie Grant Books have teamed up with Kitchen Craft to ensure that you have everything you need in the kitchen to become a whiz at cooking delicious, flavoursome Asian food.
Bringing a touch of Asia in to the home, Kitchen Craft’s World of Flavours Oriental range brings a fusion of flavours from Asia-Pacific. With a beautiful crisp white design and delicate pink and blue flowers the Oriental collection puts Thai, Japanese, Malaysian, Vietnamese and Chinese dishes on the menu. Made from hard-wearing porcelain, the World of Flavours collection has everything you need to cook, prepare and serve delicious oriental cuisines at home. The range includes dip bowls, serving sets, bamboo steamers, sushi makers, woks and chopsticks, allowing you to create a truly authentic atmosphere whatever the occasion.
Now, it's your chance to win these great books plus an amazing selection of cooking goodies from Kitchen Craft:
- Serving Set
- Set of 4 Dip Bowls
- Chopstick Set
- Iron sizzle platter
- Medium Two Tier Bamboo Steamer and Lid
- Medium Dim Sum Non-Stick Papers
- Carbon Steel 35cm Non-Stick Wok
- Sushi Maker
Just answer the simple question below to be in with a chance to win. Competition closes 17th March 2014.
UPDATE -- winner: Francisco Borges
Competition now closed
Posted by Adam
- 1. No purchase necessary. Proof of entering is not proof of receipt of entry.
2. To be eligible, entries must be received on or before the competition closing date. All entries shall become the property of The Book Depository, and their directors, officers, representatives, advertising and promotional agencies are not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
3. The competition is open to all excluding residents of Italy. Parents/guardians must submit the entry for those under the age of 16. Images must not contain photographs of minors without an adult's consent.
4. The prize winner will be decided by The Book Depository. The Book Depository will not enter into correspondence about the choice of winner.
5. The competition ends as specified on the competition page -- no entry received after that time will be considered. The winner will be announced as specified on the competition page. There is one prize
6. The promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the prize or offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
7. The prize winner will be notified by telephone/email. If the selected entrant does not meet all of the contract conditions, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
8. The competitions are not open to employees of The Book Depository and their sponsors or their immediate families.
9. By entering the contest, entrants, consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph and/or image for publicity purposes in all media carried out by The Book Depository, without payment or compensation.
10. The decisions of the contest judges are final. The prize must be accepted as awarded.
11. The right is reserved to terminate or withdraw this contest at any time.
12. All entries become the property of The Book Depository, who assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for any failure of the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by The Book Depository on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. The Book Depository reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the email portion of this contest should a virus or bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of The Book Depository corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, The Book Depository reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered within any way. Entrants agree to abide by the Contest Rules and the decisions of the independent judging panel, which are final.
13. Entries must be submitted by the named entrant (or their parent/guardian for children aged 16 or under) and will be invalid if found to come from a third party. Multiple entries from a single source (e.g 'competition entry' website/company) will be disqualified.
14. For name/county of prize winner, please send a stamped addressed envelope marked The Book Depository, Thames Central, Hatfield Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 1QE. No entries should be sent to this address.
15. Entry to the competition is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions.
17. The Promoters have organised these prize draws in good faith and do not accept liability relating to the prize.
CommentsShowing 1 to 25 of 192 results
Showing 1 to 25 of 192 results
- Mrs Debbie White Beattie
I'd love to try all of the recipes, I love trying new food.
- Posted Sun, 23 Mar 2014 18:06 Under review
I can't wait to see the result!
- Posted Thu, 20 Mar 2014 21:55
- Marilyn Daniels
I love Asian cooking, this would be a GREAT prize to win. Thanks heaps for the opportunity :-)
- Posted Tue, 18 Mar 2014 02:54
I just love Asian food. And besides eating, it's even more fun to cook it yourself ^^
- Posted Mon, 17 Mar 2014 17:05
- Joanna Piasecka
I want to win it!!!
- Posted Mon, 17 Mar 2014 10:22
- Susan Cuss
Fabulous prize! Thanks for the chance to win this!
- Posted Sat, 15 Mar 2014 14:50
- Lesley Burns
What an amazing prise.I truly recommend Charmaine Solomons books a smy son bought me one many years ago and it is my bible and has taught me so many things
- Posted Sat, 15 Mar 2014 06:44
- Judith Fergie
I would SO much love to win this prize..........I've always wanted to become proficient in Asian cooking, so here's hoping!
- Posted Sat, 15 Mar 2014 05:23
- Rosemary Roberts
I hope to win! What an incredible package!
- Posted Sat, 15 Mar 2014 04:54
- Pam Ashby
I would love to surprise my husband with this great gift pack, he does all the cooking and is an excellent cook, He would love t
- Posted Sat, 15 Mar 2014 04:40
- Inge Danaher
absolutely LOVE asian cooking and THE BOOKDEPOSITORY is my favourite bookshop
- Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 23:07
im hoping to give this as a gift to my grandmother :)
- Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 22:43
- Denise Adler
Love cooking, but have never been good with Asian so this will really help me learn... This would be the best wedding present every!
- Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 14:02
- jodie craze
Im not very good at chinese cooking but would love to learn how to do stir fries and other yummy dishes
- Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 13:32
- Anna Baldacchino
really love asian cooking
- Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 13:28
- Liz Needle
I have a 12976 edition and its falling to bits from use. I need a new copy!!
- Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 08:25 Under review
- CEUCA VALENTINA MADALINA
WOW!!! i would so much love to get my hands on this awesome collection!!!! asian food is delicious, i simply adore it!
- Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 06:48
- Sandra Barry
another great competition -great way to learn more about another country is through its food.
- Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 01:26
- Carol Longbone
Whoever wins will be a very luck cook. I have the original publication, very well thumbed, and it's great; hours of pleasure browsing and wonderful authentic meals. The list of alternative names for the spices is a real bonus when shopping.
- Posted Thu, 13 Mar 2014 14:13
- Ruth ODwyer
Fab prize! Got my fingers and toes crossed :)
- Posted Thu, 13 Mar 2014 09:46
- Janis Llewellyn
I've always been jealous of my friend's copy of the first edition. I love Charmaine's books, they're always fantastic.
- Posted Thu, 13 Mar 2014 09:37
- Ashim Sagar
Great Books I NEED these books !
- Posted Thu, 13 Mar 2014 05:44
- Mrs Margaret Smith
This is an awesome competition with an even more awesome prize. Even I could cook Asian with this prize. Yummy.
- Posted Thu, 13 Mar 2014 02:00
- william richards
can make anything with a good book
- Posted Thu, 13 Mar 2014 00:24
- Gayle Cooper
Wow Charmaine is the Queen of asian cooking! this would be an awesome prize to win, thanks for the opportunity.
- Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 23:11
Write a Comment
- Win amazing Walking Dead goodies and compendiums James Mabazza
- Win Stories That Last a Lifetime Colette Dully
- Win awesome Batman statues and graphic novels Vasilis Giannopoulos
- Win signed editions of top adult fiction Valeria Basto
- Win bags of gruesome delights with The Sick Rose Marija Bliznac, Evelina Landin Dillner, Andrew Tomlinson