Women, Race, & ClassPaperback
List price $23.42
You save $11.89 50% off
Free delivery worldwide
Dispatched in 2 business days
When will my order arrive?
- Publisher: Ballantine Books Inc.
- Format: Paperback | 271 pages
- Dimensions: 132mm x 201mm x 20mm | 272g
- Publication date: 15 September 2011
- Publication City/Country: New York
- ISBN 10: 0394713516
- ISBN 13: 9780394713519
- Edition statement: Vintage Books.
- Sales rank: 58,689
An in-depth study of women and race explores the complex relationship between racism and sexism, analyzes the role of women and race, and traces the historical connection between sexism, racism, and class consciousness
Other people who viewed this bought:
$12.17 - Save $2.05 14% off - RRP $14.22
$6.00 - Save $1.73 22% off - RRP $7.73
$9.56 - Save $8.39 46% off - RRP $17.95
$11.84 - Save $3.77 24% off - RRP $15.61
$13.12 - Save $2.83 17% off - RRP $15.95
Other books in this category
$32.12 - Save $6.93 17% off - RRP $39.05
$17.95 - Save $2.34 11% off - RRP $20.29
$5.98 - Save $1.81 23% off - RRP $7.79
$12.31 - Save $3.30 21% off - RRP $15.61
$22.53 - Save $5.57 19% off - RRP $28.10
"As useful an exposition of the current dilemmas of the women's movement as one could hope for."--Los Angeles Times Book Review
A powerful study of the women's movement in the U.S. from abolitionist days to the present that demonstrates how it has always been hampered by the racist and classist biases of its leaders.
Table of contents
1. The Legacy of Slavery: Standards for a New Womanhood 2. The Anti-Slavery Movement and the Birth of Women's Rights 3. Class and Race in the Early Women's Rights Campaign 4. Racism in the Woman Suffrage Movement 5. The Meaning of Emancipation According to Black Women 6. Education and Liberation: Black Women's Perspective 7. Woman Suffrage at the Turn of the Century: The Rising Influence of Racism 8. Black Women and the Club Movement 9. Working Women, Black Women, and the History of the Suffrage Movement 10. Communist Women 11. Rape, Racism and the Myth of the Black Rapist 12. Racism, Birth control and Reproductive Rights 13. The Approaching Obsolescence of Housework: A Working-class Perspective