Western Civilization, Volume B: 1300 to 1815Paperback
Free delivery worldwide
Dispatched in 11 business days
When will my order arrive?
- Publisher: CENGAGE Learning Custom Publishing
- Format: Paperback | 368 pages
- Dimensions: 213mm x 274mm x 41mm | 386g
- Publication date: 1 January 2011
- Publication City/Country: Mason, OH
- ISBN 10: 1111342156
- ISBN 13: 9781111342159
- Edition: 8
- Edition statement: 8th
- Illustrations note: black & white illustrations, colour illustrations, black & white halftones, colour illustrations, maps
Best-selling book WESTERN CIVILIZATION has helped over one million users learn about the present by exploring the past. Jackson Spielvogel's engaging, chronological narrative weaves the political, economic, social, religious, intellectual, cultural, and military aspects of history into a gripping story that is as memorable as it is instructive. The clear narrative of a single gifted author makes it easy to follow the story of Western civilization.
"Too many textbooks . . . read as little more than a piling on of recent scholarship with little attempt to integrate this into a larger narrative framework. Spielvogel integrates this scholarship into a very well written textbook that . . . kept me engaged. . . . When the author writes in the preface, 'That story is an exciting one; yet many textbooks fail to capture the imagination of their readers, ' I was initially skeptical. But I found that he delivered on his promise, a pleasant surprise . . . ! Chapters on Napoleon, for instance, made for gripping reading."