- Publisher: HARPER PERENNIAL
- Format: Paperback | 143 pages
- Dimensions: 203mm x 325mm x 15mm | 136g
- Publication date: 1 January 2006
- Publication City/Country: New York, NY
- ISBN 10: 0060762152
- ISBN 13: 9780060762155
- Edition: Annotated
- Edition statement: annotated edition
- Illustrations note: black & white illustrations
- Sales rank: 638,114
June 18, 1815, was one of the most momentous days in world history, marking the end of twenty-two years of French Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars. On the bloody battlefield of Waterloo, the Emperor Napoleon and his hastily formed legions clashed with the Anglo-Allied armies led by the Duke of Wellington -- the only time the two greatest military strategists of their age faced each other in combat.With precision and elegance, Andrew Roberts sets the political, strategic, and historical scene, providing a breathtaking account of each successive stage of the battle while also examining new evidence that reveals exactly how Napoleon was defeated. Illuminating, authoritative, and engrossing, Waterloo is a masterful work of history.
Add item to wishlist
Other people who viewed this bought:
Andrew Roberts has produced the most convincing description of that fearsome day I have ever read. --Paul Johnson, author of Modern Times"