- Publisher: Image Comics
- Format: Paperback | 136 pages
- Dimensions: 168mm x 256mm x 8mm | 299g
- Publication date: 21 April 2009
- Publication City/Country: Fullerton
- ISBN 10: 158240612X
- ISBN 13: 9781582406121
- Illustrations note: chiefly Illustrations
- Sales rank: 4,392
- The world we knew is gone. The world of commerce and frivolous necessity has been replaced by a world of survival and responsibility. An epidemic of apocalyptic proportions has swept the globe, causing the dead to rise and feed on the living. In a matter of months society has crumbled: no government, no grocery stores, no mail delivery, no cable TV. In a world ruled by the dead, the survivors are forced to finally start living. - As the survivors settle into their prison home something has drawn them out into the open...out of the prison...out of their sanctuary. This is a major turning point for the overall story of The Walking Dead, setting the stage for years to come. - Reprint Edition
Add item to wishlist
Other people who viewed this bought:
USD$11.01 - Save $6.13 35% off - RRP $17.14
USD$11.43 - Save $5.71 33% off - RRP $17.14
USD$12.10 - Save $5.04 29% off - RRP $17.14
USD$10.92 - Save $6.22 36% off - RRP $17.14
USD$12.57 - Save $4.57 26% off - RRP $17.14
USD$10.98 - Save $6.16 35% off - RRP $17.14
Other books in this category
USD$4.99 - Save $1.23 19% off - RRP $6.22
USD$8.53 - Save $3.17 27% off - RRP $11.70
USD$23.24 - Save $3.26 12% off - RRP $26.50
USD$10.99 - Save $6.15 35% off - RRP $17.14
USD$11.34 - Save $5.80 33% off - RRP $17.14
USD$13.83 - Save $7.22 34% off - RRP $21.05
By Kyle Testa 27 Jun 2013
I love the series of the walking dead and I just recently started reading the comics. When i picked the first one up in a comic store I could not stop reading. I am up to number 4 in the series and I love every moment of this comic.
By Alana 08 Jun 2013
Better than the TV show.
I think this volume is where it starts to get messy, in a good way. Although that's not to say i have enjoyed and devoured the previous ones.
Enticing, read it in 1 sitting.
Looking forward to the next :)
By 365 Graphic Novels 13 May 2012
Apocalypse stories usually follow a predictable path. Deal with your surroundings. Sort your internal problems. Find another group of survivors. Is that other group a happy, well balanced team of people? Well you know how the stories go don't you. Whilst is might be seen as a predictable or even disappointing development, broadening the world of our protagonists is a necessary step to keep the story fresh and interesting. There is a nice twist at the end showing Kirkman isn't getting lazy and still has plenty of rabbits up his sleeve.
The art too pulls some tricks out of the bag. The panels get shaken up and its quite surprising what a little shift in geometry can do to keep the reader on their toes. You think you know what is going on but do you really? Is Kirkman setting us up for a fall or is he trying to give Garth Ennis a run for his money in the gross-out stakes. This is still a Thumbs Up title.