- Publisher: Image Comics
- Format: Paperback | 136 pages
- Dimensions: 165mm x 254mm x 8mm | 295g
- Publication date: 11 March 2014
- Publication City/Country: Fullerton
- ISBN 10: 1607068826
- ISBN 13: 9781607068822
- Illustrations note: chiefly Illustrations (black and white)
- Sales rank: 5,891
- The biggest storyline in Walking Dead history starts here! It's Rick versus Negan with a little help from everyone else! - Collects issues #115-120. - The world we knew is gone. The world of commerce and frivolous necessity has been replaced by a world of survival and responsibility. An epidemic of apocalyptic proportions has swept the globe, causing the dead to rise and feed on the living. In a matter of months society has crumbled: no government, no grocery stores, no mail delivery, no cable TV. In a world ruled by the dead, the survivors are forced to finally start living.
Add item to wishlist
Other people who viewed this bought:
USD$10.98 - Save $6.17 35% off - RRP $17.15
USD$12.42 - Save $4.73 27% off - RRP $17.15
USD$11.19 - Save $5.96 34% off - RRP $17.15
USD$12.59 - Save $4.56 26% off - RRP $17.15
USD$11.55 - Save $5.60 32% off - RRP $17.15
USD$47.82 - Save $22.39 31% off - RRP $70.21
Other books in this category
USD$4.98 - Save $1.25 20% off - RRP $6.23
USD$9.05 - Save $2.65 22% off - RRP $11.70
USD$20.92 - Save $5.59 21% off - RRP $26.51
USD$11.00 - Save $6.15 35% off - RRP $17.15
USD$13.95 - Save $7.11 33% off - RRP $21.06
USD$11.34 - Save $5.81 33% off - RRP $17.15
By 365 Graphic Novels 21 Jun 2014
This is the only volume of The Walking Dead to be labelled as part one of something. A subtle clue that things are about to change - or another marketing guruÃ???Ã??Ã?Â¢??s great idea. Like you arenÃ???Ã??Ã?Â¢??t going to buy the next volume, and the next, and the next.
Kirkman does a great job of showing you the scale of what is going to be The Walking DeadÃ???Ã??Ã?Â¢??s mano-a-mano conflict. Not just in terms of numbers but the ideologies at stake here. Both Rick and Negan see the folly of conflict but neither has it within them to back down. Each gives their own version of Henry VÃ???Ã??Ã?Â¢??s speech to their followers.
The dead only have one weapon but when humans go to war the tactics and arms are far more devastating. By the end you are wondering if anyone will be left standing when the smoke clears. We lose some people here but as readers we have learnt not to grow attached to the new people we meet so loss doesnÃ???Ã??Ã?Â¢??t have the impact it once did.
The art is fabulous. On first reading it is so subtle and elegant that you donÃ???Ã??Ã?Â¢??t notice just how skilled Adlard is. But going back it is easy to see that it is so in tune with the story that it appears invisible. There is great work going on with the visuals and everything is running like clockwork.