List price $9.38
Unavailable - AbeBooks may have this title.
- Publisher: Dorling Kindersley Publishers Ltd
- Format: Paperback | 72 pages
- Dimensions: 214mm x 276mm x 10mm | 340g
- Publication date: 29 August 2002
- Publication City/Country: London
- ISBN 10: 0751347523
- ISBN 13: 9780751347524
- Edition: 2, Revised
- Edition statement: 2nd Revised edition
- Illustrations note: colour illustrations, colour photographs, index, glossary
- Sales rank: 1,131,421
Be an eyewitness to truly terrifying volcanoes exploding with molten lava and devastating earthquakes that rip apart the landscape and uproot buildings in an instant. Ages 10+.
Other books in this category
$4.95 - Save $0.05 - RRP $5.00
$7.58 - Save $1.80 19% off - RRP $9.38
$23.84 - Save $23.14 49% off - RRP $46.98
$11.25 - Save $1.20 (9%) - RRP $12.45
Table of contents
An unstable Earth; fire from below; the world on a plate; when a mountain explodes; ash and dust; fiery rocks; gas and lightning; hot spots; spreading ridges; the great eruption of Vesuvius; a modern Pompeii - St. Pierre; affecting the world's weather; steam vents and boiling mud; sleeping beauties; life returns to the lava; being a volcanologist; volcanoes on other planets; when the earth moves; intensity and magnitude; waves of destruction; measuring earthquake waves; mud, flood and avalanche; state of emergency; preparing for disaster; anger of the gods; did you know?; timeline; find out more.