Understand Greek Mythology: Teach YourselfPaperback Teach Yourself
List price $15.51
You save $3.93 25% off
Free delivery worldwide
Dispatched in 2 business days
When will my order arrive?
- Publisher: Teach Yourself Books
- Format: Paperback | 176 pages
- Dimensions: 128mm x 196mm x 18mm | 159g
- Publication date: 7 September 2012
- Publication City/Country: London
- ISBN 10: 1444163469
- ISBN 13: 9781444163469
- Edition statement: Reprint
- Sales rank: 550,375
Ancient Greek myths shaped and were shaped by one of the most important culture in the history of the world. Even today, stories such as Oedipus, Narcissus, Odysseus and the Golden Fleece reverberate through our popular culture. This is the ideal introduction to Greek myth. The opening chapter is a detailed background to Greek culture and mythology. From then on , the book explores thirteen well-known Greek myths, retelling them in modern English, and teasing out their meanings and cultural significance.
Other people who viewed this bought:
USD$9.58 - Save $2.82 22% off - RRP $12.40
USD$28.16 - Save $2.81 (9%) - RRP $30.97
USD$35.27 - Save $17.50 33% off - RRP $52.77
Steve Eddy is a former English teacher and author of several books. Claire Hamilton is a writer and performer, who has also explored myths in her academic research on the bardic tradition.
Table of contents
1. Introducing Greek mythology 2. The beginning of time 3. Echo and Narcissus 4. Oedipus 5. The birth and heroic deeds of Perseus 6. Theseus and the Minotaur 7. The abduction of Persephone 8. Orpheus and Eurydice 9. In search of the golden fleece 10. Jason and Medea 11. The judgement of Paris 12. Odysseus and the Cyclops