Todd & Wilson's Textbook on TrustsPaperback
Free delivery worldwide
Dispatched in 1 business day
When will my order arrive?
- Publisher: Oxford University Press
- Format: Paperback | 520 pages
- Dimensions: 170mm x 244mm x 30mm | 820g
- Publication date: 19 May 2013
- Publication City/Country: Oxford
- ISBN 10: 019966319X
- ISBN 13: 9780199663194
- Edition: 11, Revised
- Edition statement: 11th Revised edition
- Sales rank: 1,151,830
Now in its eleventh edition Todd & Wilson's Textbook on Trusts continues to strike the balance between introductory and more challenging texts. Carefully and skilfully written it is an accessible text providing an intellectually stimulating introduction to the subject. Sarah Wilson excels at writing for students in a clear and enthusiastic way, enlightening the more complex issues of trusts law without undue simplifications. The book is structured to reflect the content of a typical LLB course, and offers in-depth coverage of trusts law. Students are encouraged to critically engage with the material through the real-life examples, key scholarship and current contextual and theoretical perspectives. Todd & Wilson's Textbook on Trusts engages with wider considerations, drawn from trusts scholarship and beyond, to provide an analysis of the subject which is not only rounded, but also designed to be stimulating and revelatory. Rigorously revised every two years, this book can be relied upon as one of the most up-to-date trusts texts available.
Add item to wishlist
Other people who viewed this bought:
USD$102.41 - Save $45.74 30% off - RRP $148.15
USD$32.81 - Save $17.18 34% off - RRP $49.99
Other books in this category
Sarah Wilson is a lecturer in law at the University of York. She has previously held posts at the University of Wales, Swansea, the University of Leeds, and the University of Manchester.
The website is brilliant. The extra chapters, reading materials and sample essay questions are all excellent revision tools for students. Emma Smith, Lecturer in Law, University of Sunderland For many students, Todd and Wilson's Textbook on Trusts will be a welcome text. It largely explains even the most complex of principles in an accessible and straight-forward way. The Student Law Journal, May 2012 An excellent choice for trust law students. The Student Law Journal, May 2012
Table of contents
1. Law and equity and an introduction to the trust ; 2. The nature of the trust: its operation and applications in society and the economy ; 3. The three certainties and the significance of the 'beneficiary principle' ; 4. Formality and the creation of valid trusts ; 5. The constitution requirement for a valid trust ; 6. Introduction to resulting and constructive trusts ; 7. Resulting trusts, gifts to non-charitable unincorporated associations, and pension funds ; 8. Beneficial interests in the family home: a case study ; 9. Secret and half-secret trusts (and constructive and resulting trusts) ; 10. Introduction to charity and charity law ; 11. The legal definition of charity ; 12. Cy pres ; 13. Introduction to trusteeship and an overview of the 'office of trustee' ; 14. Powers, discretions, and duties of trustees ; 15. Variation of trusts ; 16. Breach of trust ; 17. Remedies associated with missing trust property: actions in equity and the basis for liability ; 18. Trusts arising in commercial dealings