Todd & Wilson's Textbook on TrustsPaperback
List price $51.02
Unavailable - AbeBooks may have this title.
Additional formats available
- Paperback $42.70
- Publisher: Oxford University Press
- Format: Paperback | 544 pages
- Dimensions: 181mm x 246mm x 29mm | 931g
- Publication date: 15 August 2011
- Publication City/Country: Oxford
- ISBN 10: 0199593388
- ISBN 13: 9780199593385
- Edition: 10, Revised
- Edition statement: 10th Revised edition
- Sales rank: 1,110,677
Now in its tenth edition, Todd & Wilson's Textbook on Trusts continues to strike the balance between introductory texts and more challenging texts. It has been carefully and skilfully written to give an intellectually stimulating introduction to the subject. Sarah Wilson excels at writing for students in a clear and enthusiastic way, enlightening the more complex issues of trusts law without oversimplification. The book is structured to reflect the content of a typical LLB course and offers in-depth coverage of trusts law. Students are encouraged to engage critically with the material through the real-life examples, key scholarship and consideration of current contextual and theoretical perspectives. It engages with wider considerations, drawn from trusts scholarship and beyond, to provide an analysis of the subject which is not only rounded, but also designed to be stimulating and revelatory. Rigorously revised every two years, this book can be relied upon as one of the most up-to-date trusts texts available. Online Resource Centre The accompanying Online Resource Centre offers a range of valuable tools to help further learning and revision, including regular case and legislation updates, exam-style questions and answer guidance, links to key websites, and summaries of selected further reading.
Other people who viewed this bought:
USD$42.70 - Save $8.32 16% off - RRP $51.02
64 days to go USD$47.00 - Save $5.52 10% off - RRP $52.52
Other books in this category
USD$32.50 - Save $14.02 30% off - RRP $46.52
Sarah Wilson is a lecturer in law at York University. She has previously held posts at the University of Swansea, the University of Leeds, and most recently at the University of Manchester.
Table of contents
1. Law and equity and an introduction to the trust; 2. The nature of the trust: its operation and applications in society and economy; 3. Formalities and other requirements for validity; 4. Constitution of trusts and equity's 'perfection' of transfers of property; 5. The three certainties and the significance of the 'beneficiary principle'; 6. Introduction to resulting and constructive trusts; 7. Resulting trusts, gifts to non-charitable unincoporated associations and pension funds; 8. Beneficial interests in the family home: a case study; 9. Trusts in the commercial context: a case study for the development of trusts principles in the twenty-first century; 10. Secret trusts and half-secret trusts (and constructive and resulting trusts); 11. Equitable fraud and the constructive trust; 12. An introduction to charity; 13. The legal definition of charity; 14. Cy pres; 15. The office of trustee: commencement and termination; 16. Powers, discretions and duties of trustees; 17. Variation of trusts; 18. Breach of trust; 19. Remedies