Threshold of Democracy: Athens in 403 B.C.: Reacting to the PastPaperback Reacting to the Past
List price $28.27
Unavailable - AbeBooks may have this title.
- Publisher: Pearson Education (US)
- Format: Paperback | 128 pages
- Dimensions: 212mm x 276mm x 10mm | 322g
- Publication date: 1 January 2005
- Publication City/Country: Upper Saddle River
- ISBN 10: 0321333039
- ISBN 13: 9780321333032
- Edition: 3
- Edition statement: 3rd ed.
- Sales rank: 1,538,549
Innovative and engaging, The Threshold of Democracy: Athens in 403 B.C. explores the intellectual dynamics of democracy by recreating the historical context that shaped its evolution. Part of the "Reacting to the Past" series, this text consists of elaborate games in which students are assigned roles, informed by classic texts, set in particular moments of intellectual and social ferment. Issues of the time are sorted out by a polity fractured into radical and moderate democrats, oligarchs, and Socratics, among others.
Other people who viewed this bought: