A Student's Guide to Equity and TrustsPaperback
- Publisher: CAMBRIDGE UNIVERSITY PRESS
- Format: Paperback | 388 pages
- Dimensions: 172mm x 246mm x 20mm | 780g
- Publication date: 26 March 2012
- Publication City/Country: Cambridge
- ISBN 10: 0521152992
- ISBN 13: 9780521152990
- Edition statement: New.
- Sales rank: 781,277
This engaging introduction explores the key principles of equity and trusts law and offers students effective learning features. By covering the essentials of each topic, it ensures students have the foundations for successful further study. The law is made relevant to current practice through chapters that define and explain key legal principles. Examples and exercises set the law in context and make the subject interesting and dynamic by showing how these rules apply in real life. Key facts sections and summaries help students remember the crucial points of each topic and practical exercises offer students the opportunity to apply the law. Exploring clearly and concisely the subject's key principles, this should be every equity student's first port of call.
Other people who viewed this bought:
USD$19.91 - Save $5.04 20% off - RRP $24.95
USD$32.50 - Save $14.45 30% off - RRP $46.95
Other books in this category
Judith Bray is a Reader in Law at the University of Buckingham. She has taught property law, equity and trusts and family law for over twenty years, having previously qualified as a barrister. She is the author of several student texts on land law and also a short casebook on equity and trusts.
'An excellent book whose major strength is the wealth of practical examples which enable the student to explore the complexities of the law with confidence.' Pamela Hargreaves, Leicester De Montfort Law School
Table of contents
1. Historical introduction; 2. Equitable remedies; 3. The classification of trusts and powers; 4. The three certainties; 5. Constitution of trusts; 6. Formalities for the creation of a trust; 7. Private purpose trusts; 8. Unincorporated associations; 9. Resulting trusts; 10. Constructive trusts; 11. Trusts of the family home; 12. Secret trusts and mutual wills; 13. Charities - the Charities Act and the rules of cy-pres; 14. Trustees: appointment, retirement and capacity; 15. Duties and powers of trustees; 16. Variation of trusts; 17. Fiduciary duties and breach of fiduciary duties; 18. Breach of trust and defences to breach of trust; 19. Remedies against strangers to a trust; 20. Tracing.