Statistical Thermodynamics: A Course of Seminar LecturesPaperback
Free delivery worldwide
Dispatched in 3 business days
When will my order arrive?
- Publisher: CAMBRIDGE UNIVERSITY PRESS
- Format: Paperback | 104 pages
- Dimensions: 128mm x 198mm x 10mm | 141g
- Publication date: 29 December 2008
- Publication City/Country: Cambridge
- ISBN 10: 0521091314
- ISBN 13: 9780521091312
- Edition: 1
- Illustrations note: 2ill.
The object of this course of seminar lectures is, in Professor Schrodinger's words, to develop briefly one simple unified standard method, capable of dealing, without changing the fundamental attitude, with all cases (classical, quantum, Bose-Einstein, Fermi-Dirac, etc.) and with every new problem that may arise. The interest is focused on the general procedure, and examples are dealt with as illustrations thereof. It is not a first introduction for newcomers to the subject, but rather a 'repetitorium'. The treatment of those topics, which are to be found in every one of a hundred textbooks, is severely condensed; on the other hand, vital points which are usually passed over in all but the large monographs are dealt with at greater length.
Add item to wishlist
Other people who viewed this bought:
USD$17.55 - Save $2.75 13% off - RRP $20.30
USD$18.99 - Save $1.31 (6%) - RRP $20.30
USD$205.01 - Save $55.18 21% off - RRP $260.19
USD$7.94 - Save $9.23 53% off - RRP $17.17
USD$44.99 - Save $1.88 (4%) - RRP $46.87
USD$27.82 - Save $11.18 28% off - RRP $39.00
Other books in this category
USD$9.91 - Save $4.14 29% off - RRP $14.05
USD$3.89 - Save $2.35 37% off - RRP $6.24
USD$11.25 - Save $2.80 19% off - RRP $14.05
USD$11.08 - Save $4.53 29% off - RRP $15.61
USD$12.38 - Save $3.23 20% off - RRP $15.61
USD$92.20 - Save $1.55 (1%) - RRP $93.75
Table of contents
1. General introduction; 2. The method of the most probable distribution; 3. Discussion of the Nernst theorem; 4. Examples on the second section; 5. Fluctuations' 6. The method of mean values; 7. The n-particle problem; 8. Evaluation of the formulae; 9. The problem of radiation; Appendix.