State of Deception: The Power of Nazi PropagandaHardback
List price $46.86
You save $8.31 17% off
Free delivery worldwide
Dispatched in 2 business days
When will my order arrive?
- Publisher: United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
- Format: Hardback | 288 pages
- Dimensions: 235mm x 313mm x 30mm | 1,580g
- Publication date: 7 April 2009
- Publication City/Country: Washington, DC
- ISBN 10: 0896047148
- ISBN 13: 9780896047143
- Sales rank: 271,089
This history of Nazi propaganda is based on never-before-published posters, rare photographs and historical artefacts from the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum's groundbreaking exhibition (January 2009 to January 2012). "State of Deception" documents how, in the 1920s and 1930s, the Nazi Party used posters, newspapers, rallies and new technologies of radio and film to sway millions with its vision for a new Germany - reinforced by fear-mongering images of state 'enemies'. In this age of instant communication, disseminators of messages and images of intolerance and hate have new tools, while consumers find it difficult to cope with the information bombarding them. The authors hope that a deeper understanding of the past may help people respond more effectively to today's propaganda campaigns and biased messages.
Other books in this category
$13.07 - Save $4.10 23% off - RRP $17.17
$10.28 - Save $6.89 40% off - RRP $17.17
$9.95 - Save $0.97 (8%) - RRP $10.92
$11.93 - Save $3.02 20% off - RRP $14.95
$13.50 - Save $6.79 33% off - RRP $20.29
* STEVEN LUCKERT is the curator of the award-winning permanent exhibition The Holocaust and SUSAN BACHRACH is an historian and curator at the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum.