Social Psychology: The Science of Everyday LifeHardback
Free delivery worldwide
Dispatched in 1 business day
When will my order arrive?
- Publisher: Worth Publishers Inc.,U.S.
- Format: Hardback | 720 pages
- Dimensions: 224mm x 279mm x 30mm | 1,542g
- Publication date: 17 March 2015
- Publication City/Country: New York
- ISBN 10: 0716704226
- ISBN 13: 9780716704225
This remarkable new textbook offers a fresh approach to the study of social psychology, integrating theory, research, and applications into a coherent, contemporary portrait of the field that no other available text can match. Drawing on over 50 years of combined teaching and research, Greenberg, Schmader, Arndt, and Landau guide students through the rich diversity of the science of social psychology and its insights into everyday life. The book introduces students to five broad perspectives on human social behavior: social cognition, cultural psychology, evolutionary theory, existential psychology, and social neuroscience. With these perspectives serving as recurring themes, each chapter organically weaves together explanations of theory, research methods, empirical findings, and applications, showing how social psychologists accumulate and apply knowledge toward understanding and solving real-world problems. New! LaunchPad"Social Psychology: The Science of Everyday Life" has its own dedicated version of Worth Publishers' new online course space, LaunchPad. LaunchPad offers acclaimed media content, curated and organized for easy assignability and presented in an intuitive interface that combines power and simplicity.
Add item to wishlist
Other people who viewed this bought:
USD$20.56 - Save $7.44 26% off - RRP $28.00
USD$85.82 - Save $15.42 15% off - RRP $101.24
USD$41.82 - Save $7.95 15% off - RRP $49.77
USD$89.17 - Save $10.50 10% off - RRP $99.67
USD$85.89 - Save $4.45 (4%) - RRP $90.34
Other books in this category
USD$6.65 - Save $2.24 25% off - RRP $8.89
USD$6.90 - Save $2.43 26% off - RRP $9.33
USD$6.51 - Save $1.48 18% off - RRP $7.99
USD$7.57 - Save $1.76 18% off - RRP $9.33
USD$10.98 - Save $3.02 21% off - RRP $14.00
USD$7.38 - Save $0.61 (7%) - RRP $7.99
Jeff Greenberg is a Professor of Psychology and College of Science Fellow at the University of Arizona, USA. Toni Schmader is a Canada Research Chair in Social Psychology at the University of British Columbia, Canada. Jamie Arndt is the 2012 Frederick A. Middlebush Professor of Psychological Sciences at the University of Missouri (MU), USA. Mark J. Landau is an Associate Professor of Psychology at the University of Kansas, USA.
Table of contents
1. The Revealing Science of Social Psychology 2. Fundamentals of Social Behavior 3. The Core Elements of Social Cognition 4. Thinking about People and Events 5. The Nature, Origins, and Functions of the Self 6. The Key Self-Motives: Consistency, Esteem, Presentation, and Growth 7. Social Influence 8. Persuasion, Attitudes, and Behavior 9. Group Processes 10. Understanding Prejudice, Stereotyping, and Discrimination 11. Responding to and Reducing Prejudice 12. Interpersonal Aggression 13. Prosocial Behavior 14. Interpersonal Attraction 15. Close Relationships